The Search for Moderate Islam

• Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen the front page of that site?

frontpagemag.com/

Blimey! They’ve even got Matt Furey on the front there advertising Combat Conditioning! (I suppose you need to be ready for the evil anti-Americans who are preparing to attack!)

…and you lot have a go at me for quoting the BBC- a biased source?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

The search for moderate Islam? The search for moderate gilliam would be a better place to start!!!

40.png
FightingFat:
Have you seen the front page of that site?

frontpagemag.com/

Blimey! They’ve even got Matt Furey on the front there advertising Combat Conditioning! (I suppose you need to be ready for the evil anti-Americans who are preparing to attack!)

…and you lot have a go at me for quoting the BBC- a biased source?

The search for moderate Islam? The search for moderate gilliam would be a better place to start!!!
It’s David Horowitz’s site. He isn’t that far out there. Anyway, the author of the article seems legit though… he brings out some interesting points. He is a traditional conservative, I should point out. I would say reading him AND reading the response by Daniel Pipes is worth it. Again, I would like to see some serious discussion (if there is any out there) on the points brout up.

I read the articles, and there’s one option neither of them considered: evangelizing the Muslims.

Of course this presupposes that they will lift their paranoia long enough to make Christian evangelization legal.

40.png
StJeanneDArc:
I read the articles, and there’s one option neither of them considered: evangelizing the Muslims.

Of course this presupposes that they will lift their paranoia long enough to make Christian evangelization legal.
Muslims who convert to Christianity can be killed without sin according to Shira law.

40.png
gilliam:
Muslims who convert to Christianity can be killed without sin according to Shira law.
Well, yes, another little technicality that would somehow have to be overcome.

Actually, I do agree with the author that Daniel Pipes is wrong about the possibility of moderate Islam. And I think he’s right that when Western civ was robustly Christian, the Muslim civ was in retreat. But I don’t think that containment is possible over the long term, as evidenced by modern history. I’m with George Bush that building western-style societies is the answer. It’s long and hard but aren’t we a people of hope? With human rights protections, then we can get in and evangelize the Muslims.

And isn’t it interesting that the cultures with the best human rights records are those that were built on Christian principles.

40.png
StJeanneDArc:
Well, yes, another little technicality that would somehow have to be overcome.

Actually, I do agree with the author that Daniel Pipes is wrong about the possibility of moderate Islam. And I think he’s right that when Western civ was robustly Christian, the Muslim civ was in retreat. But I don’t think that containment is possible over the long term, as evidenced by modern history. I’m with George Bush that building western-style societies is the answer. It’s long and hard but aren’t we a people of hope? With human rights protections, then we can get in and evangelize the Muslims.

And isn’t it interesting that the cultures with the best human rights records are those that were built on Christian principles.
I am agree and the facts are saying to us, that is the direction, but we need to be strong in our faith and in facts and this is more complicated that evangelizing muslims, be a catholic in Spain, USA or England is very difficult, because the society doesn´t help you, and you have to be a martyr,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back