The Silent Voices Bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter Whitacre_Girl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s all I’m saying…
But the reason this is outrageous isn’t due to the gender swap for God. It’s the gender swap throughout. Scripture describes God as both “father” and “mother” at different times. (A mother hen, for example)
 
But the reason this is outrageous isn’t due to the gender swap for God. It’s the gender swap throughout. Scripture describes God as both “father” and “mother” at different times. (A mother hen, for example)
And the reason it isn’t outrageous is that the author has no intent to change or imply the current Bible isn’t sound.

He is just trying to get people to experiment for a moment and see things from a different perspective. Theologians do that all the time.

Go read some of Elizabeth Johnson works as a wonderful example of some different perpsectives on Scripture.
 
And the reason it isn’t outrageous is that the author has no intent to change or imply the current Bible isn’t sound.
He is just trying to get people to experiment for a moment and see things from a different perspective. Theologians do that all the time.

Go read some of Elizabeth Johnson works as a wonderful example of some different perpsectives on Scripture.
That is exactly the author’s intent. I have been able to talk directly to the person helping to write this atrocity, and their arguement is that Scripture is flawed and biased. But one doesn’t need to talk to the people writing this to see that this is their motivation.

Theologians are always looking at different perspectives, but they don’t need to CHANGE scripture to do that. The different perspectives gained from reading this aren’t sound, and very contrary to Christianity.

God created us male and female. And no person out there saying that they know better than scripture on this matter (and therefore better than God) is going to convince me that what they have to say is beneficial.
 
Are you trying to imply that God DOES have a gender?
Jesus=God
Jesus=Male

So, in some respect, God is male.

Granted, humans are not smart enough or able in any way to grasp the true nature of God. He may or may not have a sex, we don’t know. Again, Jesus is God, and is male so in that respect God is male.
 
***Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
And the reason it isn’t outrageous is that the author has no intent to change or imply the current Bible isn’t sound.
He is just trying to get people to experiment for a moment and see things from a different perspective. Theologians do that all the time.

Go read some of Elizabeth Johnson works as a wonderful example of some different perpsectives on Scripture.***

:nope: I’ll pass. The Church’s teaching authority and Scripture scholarship by respected scholars using intellectually sound methodology is fine for me, thank you. “If it works, don’t fix it.” :sad_yes:
That is exactly the author’s intent. I have been able to talk directly to the person helping to write this atrocity, and their arguement is that Scripture is flawed and biased. But one doesn’t need to talk to the people writing this to see that this is their motivation.

**Theologians are always looking at different perspectives, but they don’t need to CHANGE scripture to do that. The different perspectives gained from reading this aren’t sound, and very contrary to Christianity. **

God created us male and female. And no person out there saying that they know better than scripture on this matter (and therefore better than God) is going to convince me that what they have to say is beneficial.
You said it, Whitacre_Girl! :rolleyes: When I clicked on the link and saw Mary Daly’s name I knew right away we were in feminist revisionist land.

New insights into Scripture derived through sound study and with reverence are one thing, and some of those may deepen our understanding. Politically-correct, radical feminist distortions are not insights. Anyone with a word-processing find-and-replace capability can come up with something like this “Silent Voices” nonsense. I think I’d get more out of reading the “LOLCat Bible.”
 
***Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
And the reason it isn’t outrageous is that the author has no intent to change or imply the current Bible isn’t sound.
He is just trying to get people to experiment for a moment and see things from a different perspective. Theologians do that all the time.

Go read some of Elizabeth Johnson works as a wonderful example of some different perpsectives on Scripture.***

:nope: I’ll pass. The Church’s teaching authority and Scripture scholarship by respected scholars using intellectually sound methodology is fine for me, thank you. “If it works, don’t fix it.” :sad_yes:

You said it, Whitacre_Girl! :rolleyes: When I clicked on the link and saw Mary Daly’s name I knew right away we were in feminist revisionist land.

New insights into Scripture derived through sound study and with reverence are one thing, and some of those may deepen our understanding. Politically-correct, radical feminist distortions are not insights. Anyone with a word-processing find-and-replace capability can come up with something like this “Silent Voices” nonsense.** I think I’d get more out of reading the “LOLCat Bible**.”
And frankly, I find LOLcat bible less offensive!
 
And frankly, I find LOLcat bible less offensive!
Not to mention amusing. 😉 Not that it doesn’t stray (ha! a pun!) into inappropriate phrasings here and there. You have to take it with a grain of salt. The “Silent Voices Bible,” OTOH, might require a bottle of Pepto-Bismol. 😛

In a minute, I will attempt to calm down for the night. :coolinoff: Yes, this kind of thing does make me angry. :mad: But not because I’m out to be hateful. Because I love. Because I love, I care about how people are being hurt by these parlor tricks of the radicals. Their faith is being attacked and they are not even realizing it! They are embracing it and allowing it.

And how can it be claimed that the people who took it upon themselves to do this “project” didn’t find fault with the Bible as it was? Why didn’t they just leave it alone, then? Indeed, these kinds of people do find plenty of fault with the Bible - and with most orthodox Catholic and Judeo-Christian beliefs.

If I could have one wish, it’d be that people would study more (especially from Catholic sources loyal to the Magisterium) about the radical feminist agenda, before they assume a project like the SVB is the best thing to come along since indoor plumbing. These women have a very twisted agenda they are pushing and one of the best ways for them to get it is to sucker people in with these “fresh ideas” and “different perspectives.” Because heaven forbid we should not be “open-minded.” Even if we risk our brains falling out. :hypno:

People who produce this stuff are playing fast and loose with eternal truths. Remember The Da Vinci Code in '05? How everyone got so excited over that? A new take on Jesus! It “really makes you think.” Ha. Any flash in the pan sensationalist stuff is gobbled up, while the real nourishment of God’s truth lies untouched. We are truly starving to death at a banquet. :sad_yes:
 
Quote:

Go read some of Elizabeth Johnson works as a wonderful example of some different perpsectives on Scripture.


:nope: I’ll pass. The Church’s teaching authority and Scripture scholarship by respected scholars using intellectually sound methodology is fine for me, thank you. “If it works, don’t fix it.” :sad_yes:
Elizabeth Johnson IS a respected scholar, who DOES use intellectually sound methodology and who does not disrespect the Church teaching authority.

All of the above does not keep someone from looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perpsectives.

God’s Word is not a dead Word, but is alive and constantly talking to us in new ways.
 
I think women in general are stronger and more reliable than men. Just look at who was standing at the foot of the cross – several women and only 1 man. That says a lot about the courage of women.
I think it says more about who the author saw as important to the story and chose to include in the narrative than the courage of women over men.

-Tim-
 
Elizabeth Johnson IS a respected scholar, who DOES use intellectually sound methodology and who does not disrespect the Church teaching authority.

All of the above does not keep someone from looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perpsectives.

God’s Word is not a dead Word, but is alive and constantly talking to us in new ways.
Exactly. God’s word is alive, and is always speaking new life. It is clear that we both believe this, so how is it acceptable to change those words to give new meaning to them? If God’s word is alive and perfect, then it doesn’t NEED TO BE CHANGED to speak life.
 
Not to mention amusing. 😉 Not that it doesn’t stray (ha! a pun!) into inappropriate phrasings here and there. You have to take it with a grain of salt. The “Silent Voices Bible,” OTOH, might require a bottle of Pepto-Bismol. 😛

In a minute, I will attempt to calm down for the night. :coolinoff: Yes, this kind of thing does make me angry. :mad: But not because I’m out to be hateful. Because I love. Because I love, I care about how people are being hurt by these parlor tricks of the radicals. Their faith is being attacked and they are not even realizing it! They are embracing it and allowing it.

And how can it be claimed that the people who took it upon themselves to do this “project” didn’t find fault with the Bible as it was? Why didn’t they just leave it alone, then? Indeed, these kinds of people do find plenty of fault with the Bible - and with most orthodox Catholic and Judeo-Christian beliefs.

If I could have one wish, it’d be that people would study more (especially from Catholic sources loyal to the Magisterium) about the radical feminist agenda, before they assume a project like the SVB is the best thing to come along since indoor plumbing. These women have a very twisted agenda they are pushing and one of the best ways for them to get it is to sucker people in with these “fresh ideas” and “different perspectives.” Because heaven forbid we should not be “open-minded.” Even if we risk our brains falling out. :hypno:

People who produce this stuff are playing fast and loose with eternal truths. Remember The Da Vinci Code in '05? How everyone got so excited over that? A new take on Jesus! It “really makes you think.” Ha. Any flash in the pan sensationalist stuff is gobbled up, while the real nourishment of God’s truth lies untouched. We are truly starving to death at a banquet. :sad_yes:
I completely agree with you. What really bothers me is the fact that people are going to find comfort in this false word. sighs and shakes head We need GOD. The REAL God, not one that we imagine to try and suit what we think we need.

I heard some song lyrics the other day that really struck me on this topic:

“With eyes wide open to the differences
The God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His
Or are we caught in the middle?
Are we caught in the middle?”
 
Elizabeth Johnson IS a respected scholar, who DOES use intellectually sound methodology and who does not disrespect the Church teaching authority.

All of the above does not keep someone from looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perpsectives.

God’s Word is not a dead Word, but is alive and constantly talking to us in new ways.
Fine. I looked her up. She’s with “Womenpriests.” Referring to her for backup of your argument for “looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perspectives” is more proving my point than yours. :rolleyes:

womenpriests.org/teaching/johnson.asp

Make no mistake. These women (and their hangers-on) are out to remake the Church into what they think it should be. Most if not all are pro-women’s ordination, pro-choice, radically leftist, pro-gay/lesbian agenda, in some cases with pantheistic, possibly Wiccan leanings. I have no use for their distortions. The only reason I would look at their stuff is to “know mine (and the Church’s) enemy.” :mad:

I will not criticise a Sister since this is against forum rules. Besides, it’s the entire lot of the adherents to this sort of feminist propaganda that I’m concerned about, not one individual (or two, in the case of my previous reference to Mary Daly). It’s when they get together and sucker other young women into their erroneous teachings and agendas that they are at their most dangerous.

**These radical feminists do not speak for this woman. **

However, I must look on the bright side - this thread provides another good opportunity to plug my group! 😉

Catholic Women Speaking Out Against Radical Feminist Ideology: forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=784

So, thanks! :curtsey:
 
Fine. I looked her up. She’s with “Womenpriests.” Referring to her for backup of your argument for “looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perspectives” is more proving my point than yours. :rolleyes:

womenpriests.org/teaching/johnson.asp

Make no mistake. These women (and their hangers-on) are out to remake the Church into what they think it should be. Most if not all are pro-women’s ordination, pro-choice, radically leftist, pro-gay/lesbian agenda, in some cases with pantheistic, possibly Wiccan leanings. I have no use for their distortions. The only reason I would look at their stuff is to “know mine (and the Church’s) enemy.” :mad:

I will not criticise a Sister since this is against forum rules. Besides, it’s the entire lot of the adherents to this sort of feminist propaganda that I’m concerned about, not one individual (or two, in the case of my previous reference to Mary Daly). It’s when they get together and sucker other young women into their erroneous teachings and agendas that they are at their most dangerous.

These radical feminists do not speak for this woman.

However, I must look on the bright side - this thread provides another good opportunity to plug my group! 😉

Catholic Women Speaking Out Against Radical Feminist Ideology: forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=784

So, thanks! :curtsey:
You are a breath of fresh air in these days of feminists.👍

The feminists have gone far beyond just making sure women get acceptable treatment and have now started screwing with gener idnetities. I’m all for the proper treatment of women but that’s not their goal anymore.
 
You are a breath of fresh air in these days of feminists.👍.
Thank you! :curtsey: I try. It ticks me off royally to have egotistical radical feminists claim they’re doing what they do for the good of all women. :rolleyes: I hope women who see what they’re really up to will wise up and give them what-for. :tsktsk: And I know, I need to pray for them and cultivate a “Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do” attitude about it all. Gotta stay calm! :crossrc:
The feminists have gone far beyond just making sure women get acceptable treatment and have now started screwing with gener idnetities. I’m all for the proper treatment of women but** that’s not their goal anymore**.
For some, it never was, starting in the 1960s. :nope: Like I said, I encourage Catholics to dig for the truth on all this. :sad_yes:
 
Thank you! :curtsey: I try. It ticks me off royally to have egotistical radical feminists claim they’re doing what they do for the good of all women. :rolleyes: I hope women who see what they’re really up to will wise up and give them what-for. :tsktsk: And I know, I need to pray for them and cultivate a “Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do” attitude about it all. Gotta stay calm! :crossrc:

For some, it never was, starting in the 1960s. :nope: Like I said, I encourage Catholics to dig for the truth on all this. :sad_yes:
Very true, for some the current state of things was just the tip of the iceberg.
 
Fine. I looked her up. She’s with “Womenpriests.” Referring to her for backup of your argument for “looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perspectives” is more proving my point than yours. :rolleyes:

womenpriests.org/teaching/johnson.asp

Make no mistake. These women (and their hangers-on) are out to remake the Church into what they think it should be. Most if not all are pro-women’s ordination, pro-choice, radically leftist, pro-gay/lesbian agenda, in some cases with pantheistic, possibly Wiccan leanings. I have no use for their distortions. The only reason I would look at their stuff is to “know mine (and the Church’s) enemy.” :mad:

I will not criticise a Sister since this is against forum rules. Besides, it’s the entire lot of the adherents to this sort of feminist propaganda that I’m concerned about, not one individual (or two, in the case of my previous reference to Mary Daly). It’s when they get together and sucker other young women into their erroneous teachings and agendas that they are at their most dangerous.

These radical feminists do not speak for this woman.

However, I must look on the bright side - this thread provides another good opportunity to plug my group! 😉

Catholic Women Speaking Out Against Radical Feminist Ideology: forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=784

So, thanks! :curtsey:
Reading this I was reminded of a quote I posted a few years ago from an article by Peter Kreeft that appeared in “CRISIS” magazine (April '93):
"Who are the advocates of women’s ordination? The most prominent and vocal are always dissenters against other official Church teachings as well. The issue of women’s ordination is not isolated; it is one thread of a seamless garment. Pull it, and you unravel the whole robe. (By the way, ‘dissenter’ is a modern euphemism for ‘heretic.’ Both words mean the same thing: one who says No, one who picks and chooses for himself, one who refuses to eat all the food Mother Church tells us to eat.)
"Most shockingly, feminists who advocate priestesses usually advocate accepting abortion. That fact seems to me immediately and totally to destroy their credentials to a hearing. For we know what god the priestesses of abortion serve, and his name is not Jesus. It is Moloch. Moloch also says, ‘Suffer the little children to come unto me,’ but where Jesus places His hand on their heads, Moloch places his teeth.
"In addition to approving abortion, some leaders of the push for priestesses also want the Church to approve contraception, fornication, sodomy, same-sex marriage, and divorce. A more complete demonic attack on the family could not be orchestrated even in Hell.
"Some of the leaders in the movement, such as ‘Womynchurch,’ clearly admit they are worshipping another God - Mother Earth - and practicing another religion - paganism, Christ’s old enemy risen from the dead. Anyone who freely opens the Church’s doors to these barbarians is clearly a traitor, and anyone who can’t see through these spies’ tissue-thin over of ‘Catholicism’ is a fool.
"The origin of modern feminism is not inside Christianity but outside it and against it, in deeply anti-religious and anti-Christian ideologies like Marxism and decontructionism. Mary Daly summarized her self-image candidly when she calls herself (in Pure Lust) the Antichrist, and summarized her life’s work as ‘castrating God the Father.’ Next to her Nietzsche was a wimp.
“There is an obvious connection between the root of the spirit of modern feminism - which is NOT prayer, personal holiness, or submission to God’s will - and its fruit, which is NOT love or joy or peace. In the most public feminist faces you can see the hate, the hardness, and the hurt. Not all advocates of priestesses have that look, but their leaders do.”
 
Fine. I looked her up. She’s with “Womenpriests.” Referring to her for backup of your argument for “looking at the Scriptures with new and interesting perspectives” is more proving my point than yours. :rolleyes:

womenpriests.org/teaching/johnson.asp

Make no mistake. These women (and their hangers-on) are out to remake the Church into what they think it should be. Most if not all are pro-women’s ordination, pro-choice, radically leftist, pro-gay/lesbian agenda, in some cases with pantheistic, possibly Wiccan leanings. I have no use for their distortions. The only reason I would look at their stuff is to “know mine (and the Church’s) enemy.” :mad:

I will not criticise a Sister since this is against forum rules. Besides, it’s the entire lot of the adherents to this sort of feminist propaganda that I’m concerned about, not one individual (or two, in the case of my previous reference to Mary Daly). It’s when they get together and sucker other young women into their erroneous teachings and agendas that they are at their most dangerous.

These radical feminists do not speak for this woman.

However, I must look on the bright side - this thread provides another good opportunity to plug my group! 😉

Catholic Women Speaking Out Against Radical Feminist Ideology: forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=784

So, thanks! :curtsey:
:clapping:
 
Thank you! :curtsey: I try. It ticks me off royally to have egotistical radical feminists claim they’re doing what they do for the good of all women. :rolleyes: I hope women who see what they’re really up to will wise up and give them what-for. :tsktsk: And I know, I need to pray for them and cultivate a “Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do” attitude about it all. Gotta stay calm! :crossrc:

For some, it never was, starting in the 1960s. :nope: Like I said, I encourage Catholics to dig for the truth on all this. :sad_yes:
Oh…and to add on to my previous post:

It really ticks me off that feminists seem to think the role of women is an undesirable one or means you are living a lesser existence. A woman’s role (not meaning the old fashioned demeaning one, BTW) is extremely important to the existence of the world. The role of a wife and mother cannot be equalled, much in the same way the role of a father and husband cannot be equalled. Being a woman has it’s gifts, just as being a man does but neither is more important thant he other in the grand scheme of things. In certain aspects of life a woman is more important and in others a man is more important.

For instance, with children most women are just way better equiped to care for them than us guys. Not that we shouldn’t do as much as we can but there is a reason why a kid always want “mommy” when they are sick or hurt. Women have a great and different type of wisdom than men and many great things in this world couldn’t have been done with out it. I don’t know how many times my wife has saved my hide with her point of view on things that I’m pretty sure few men would have.

In the end I guess what I’m trying to say is:

Women are great when they are being women, why mess with the program? 👍😊
 
A friend posted this on her facebook to all take a look at. I got through three chapters and I had to stop due to nausea. I just can’t even put into words how many ways this is wrong.

silentvoicesbible.com/

I just said “Read three chapters. Not a fan.”
Well, it says it’s a Feminist Bible. There is no such thing so this is sinful to write it like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top