The Theotokos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace_of_Spades
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ace_of_Spades

Guest
Does any one have a list of all the New Testament references to the Mother of God? 👍

Thanks
 
Here is what i came up with for you:

stgeorgegreenville.org/OurFaith/Feasts%20for%20Theotokos/NewTestament.html (there are some verses mentioned here that i didn’t find in the concordance)

Also, according to Cruden’s Complete Concordance, here are the verses I found for Mary: Matthew 1:16, 1:18: 1:20 2:11, Luke 1:27, 1:30, 2:19, Romans 16:6 and Acts 1:14 (also, there is Revalations 12 that illistrates this, per se)
I looked, but didn’t find any verses for “Theotokos” exactly.

Hope this helps and God Bless! 👍
 
The term “Theotokos” is post-Biblical and was defined by the Council of Ephesus as a part of the defining of Jesus as “True God” (in opposition to the Nestorians who wanted to refer to her as “Christotokos,” “bearer/mother of the anointed” because they did not accept Jesus’ divinity).
 
Luke 1:43 would be the first place I’d look:
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord*** should come to me?***
Note that Elizabeth uttered these words while she was filled with the Holy Spirit. (Luke 1:41-45)
 
Here is what i came up with for you:

stgeorgegreenville.org/OurFaith/Feasts%20for%20Theotokos/NewTestament.html (there are some verses mentioned here that i didn’t find in the concordance)

Also, according to Cruden’s Complete Concordance, here are the verses I found for Mary: Matthew 1:16, 1:18: 1:20 2:11, Luke 1:27, 1:30, 2:19, Romans 16:6 and Acts 1:14 (also, there is Revalations 12 that illistrates this, per se)
I looked, but didn’t find any verses for “Theotokos” exactly.

Hope this helps and God Bless! 👍
Cheers very much, I shall pop that in me old Bible. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top