The Tomb of St. Peter Claver

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tarpeian_Rock
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tarpeian_Rock

Guest
Anyone ever visited the tomb of St. Peter Claver in Cartagena, Columbia? We will be in Cartagena in April, and I was wondering what the experience was like. Can one get close to his remains? From what I’ve seen on the Net the remains are in a glass coffin in the high altar. Also wondering about the safety of the neighborhood; Cartagena’s reputation hasn’t been the best.
 
Anyone ever visited the tomb of St. Peter Claver in Cartagena, Columbia? We will be in Cartagena in April, and I was wondering what the experience was like. Can one get close to his remains? From what I’ve seen on the Net the remains are in a glass coffin in the high altar. Also wondering about the safety of the neighborhood; Cartagena’s reputation hasn’t been the best.
I’ve been there, though the year began with “19.”

You could walk right up to the glass casket.

As to Cartagena, my guess is the place has only improved since then. The country of Colombia was a trouble spot in the late 1900s.

ICXC NIKA.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top