The Transfiguration Type

  • Thread starter Thread starter Augustine3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Augustine3

Guest
I’ve heard a few times that Moses took Joshua and two other companions up the mountain to pray just as Jesus took Peter, James and John. Does anybody know where I can find the passage in the Old Testament?

God bless,
 
I’ve heard a few times that Moses took Joshua and two other companions up the mountain to pray just as Jesus took Peter, James and John. Does anybody know where I can find the passage in the Old Testament?

God bless,
I believe it was Aaron and Moses sister. I’d imagine its late in Exodus around chapter 40.
 
A couple of Scripture passages come to mind:
  1. In this passage 3 people go up but they do not experience a supernatural vision of any sort as the apostles did at the Transfiguration.
    Exodus 17:9 And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose for us men, and go out, fight with Am’alek; tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.” 17:10 So Joshua did as Moses told him, and fought with Am’alek; and** Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.** 17:11 Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed; and whenever he lowered his hand, Am’alek prevailed. 17:12 But Moses’ hands grew weary; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat upon it, and Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; so his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
  2. In this passage more than 3 people go up - altho not all the way to the top of the mount. They do experience some sort of supernatural manifestation. Only Moses can go to the top.
    Exodus 24:1-11 …
    24:9 Then Moses and Aaron, Nadab, and Abi’hu, and seventy of the elders of Israel went up, 24:10** and they saw the God of Israel**; and there was under his feet as it were a pavement of sapphire stone, like the very heaven for clearness. 24:11 And he did not lay his hand on the chief men of the people of Israel; they beheld God, and ate and drank.
You can also check out Numbers 20:25-29.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top