The Vatican's Holocaust

  • Thread starter Thread starter R_McGeddon
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? This is one of the most hilarious reads I’ve had in a while. Thanks. 👍

For a get-rich-quick scheme, sure. Bravo!:rotfl:
Of course we’re being Serious . Don’t you see it. Bush is just a puppet of the Vatican. I knew we should have elected Kerry.:rolleyes:

O.K. Now proceed to :rotfl: because I am.
 
The Croatian Catholic Church in WWII was pretty twisted and sadistic. Note that I mean the Catholic Church in Croatia alone, not as a whole at the time. Had His Holiness Pius XII been aware of the crimes committed by Croatian “Catholics” at the time he would have excommunicated a whole lot of priests.
 
The Croatian Catholic Church in WWII was pretty twisted and sadistic. Note that I mean the Catholic Church in Croatia alone, not as a whole at the time. Had His Holiness Pius XII been aware of the crimes committed by Croatian “Catholics” at the time he would have excommunicated a whole lot of priests.
As a Croatian Catholic with a great-uncle priest who was imprisoned by the Communists (against whom many of my relatives bravely fought) after WWII I resemble that remark :ehh:

While of course I acknowledge that at the time in Croatia Communism was seen as a worse evil than Nazism/fascism, which in hindsight seems naive to say the least.

As for the website quote by the OP - nary an actual bit of scholarship in it. Ever heard of citations? Source material? EVIDENCE? It’s a joke.
 
I’ve just had a quick look through this, The Vatican’s Holocaust, and was absolutely horrified by it.

There are certain members of this forum that are quick to point out how genocidal and immoral some atheists have been in the past. This certainly puts the boot on the other foot.

A brief search has not produced anything to refute it, I’ll be looking a lot deeper.
Have you just dropped this little gem and then not returned to answer any of the posters to this thread? Rather borish of you old chap;)
 
I’ve just had a quick look through this, The Vatican’s Holocaust, and was absolutely horrified by it.

There are certain members of this forum that are quick to point out how genocidal and immoral some atheists have been in the past. This certainly puts the boot on the other foot.

A brief search has not produced anything to refute it, I’ll be looking a lot deeper.

But it’s a fact that:​

  • 700,000 Serbs were massacred in Croatia from 1941 to 1945
  • they were massacred under a Fascist regime presided over by Ante Pavelic
  • it existed by sufferance of the Berlin government of the time
  • the Franciscans were deeply implicated in the blood-letting
  • atrocious cruelty was used
  • one Serbian Orthodox bishop had horse-shoes nailed to his feet
    These are facts, and there is no way whatever of getting round any of them. These are all true, and they add up to a horrific & revolting picture. Manhattan was certainly anti-Catholic by any reasonable definition, but that doesn’t alter the facts, which by any remotely Christian moral standard are not Christian; he should not be one’s only source - equally, his book is about real crimes.
Nor are the facts altered by the subsequent exaggeration of the figures, to 1,700,000. I for one find it very hard to understand how Pius XII could receive a known assassin & terrorist, which Pavelic undoubtedly was, in audience - even though the Pope pointedly refused to treat him as a head of state.

The best answer is to look at this episode thoroughly - one book I recommend is “The Vatican in the Age of the Dictators: 1922-1945” by (the late) Robert Rhodes James. Its great virtue is its calm tone - too much Catholic writing is disfigured by a partisan tone, as though putting the CC in a good light mattered more than an impartial & honest approach to all the available facts, flattering to the CC or not. Advocacy & history are ill-matched partners.

There are English biographies of Cardinal Stepinac, who was demonised (very unjustly) after the War - something which has affected Manhattan’s account of him, IIRC. What I would like to know more about is whether any agency or person in the Vatican helped Pavelic to evade the trial he deserved; that is worrying - but truth is always best.

“Look deeper” is definitely the best course of action - hope you find something 🙂
 
As a Croatian Catholic with a great-uncle priest who was imprisoned by the Communists (against whom many of my relatives bravely fought) after WWII I resemble that remark :ehh:

While of course I acknowledge that at the time in Croatia Communism was seen as a worse evil than Nazism/fascism, which in hindsight seems naive to say the least.

As for the website quote by the OP - nary an actual bit of scholarship in it. Ever heard of citations? Source material? EVIDENCE? It’s a joke.
Sorry friend!

I didn’t mean to refer to all Croatians. I admire Croatia and was rooting for it all throughout the modern Balkan Wars.

I was just referring to a lot of (not all) clergy at the time of WWII. Some supported the Ustashi, who were awful murderers. But at the same time there were lots of good Croatian clergy (Stepinac for example).
 
Darn it,
At least they are not aware all us Catholic’s have super duper papist decoder rings. Just waiting on…oops… :o
GASP! You let out the secret!! Next I suppose you are going to tell everyone about the secret vital stats of all non-catholics kept in the catacombs under the Vatican, so when the time is right we’ll get our assignments over those super duper papist decoder rings and… heeey . . . are you sure you’re catholic, me thinks you are one of *them *trying to gain information about our top secret plans… :eek:
 
Everyone seems point out how we invented the Freemasons, the LDS Church, Islam, JW Church and some other things, but few ever seem to point out that we started the Girl Scouts. They act all innocent yet they sell cookies that slowly poison, hypnotize people, and mutate folks. Not to mention all the Girl Scouts are trained by the Jesuits in assassination and martial arts.

More seriously it seems like many people who would belive such things as alot on that site and Jack Chick’s writings are dead set that that stuff is the truth. You can try to point some out to stuff with evidence and hopefully they will listen.
 
GASP! You let out the secret!! Next I suppose you are going to tell everyone about the secret vital stats of all non-catholics kept in the catacombs under the Vatican, so when the time is right we’ll get our assignments over those super duper papist decoder rings and… heeey . . . are you sure you’re catholic, me thinks you are one of *them *trying to gain information about our top secret plans… :eek:
What me? :whistle:
 
Just don’t tell anyone about the arms we’re hiding in the church basements. We wouldn’t want that to get out.
 
Just don’t tell anyone about the arms we’re hiding in the church basements. We wouldn’t want that to get out.
Shh…we don’t want that to get out…that’s is what the decoder rings are for…urg…I did it again…:banghead:
 
Here is some more good apologetics from that site.

reformation.org/brainwashed.html
My favorite line about Pope Pius was:

“His pet obsession was Communism, and he became the main instigator of the Cold War.”

Hmmmmm…I’m studying the Cold War at a college level. How come I haven’t been revealed this great truth through my textbook written by a British Protestant?? I’ve only seen Pope Pius’ name come up…
zero times so far. He must have been really involved!

The sources on the second site seem highly creadible too! I like how they incorrectly cited the “sources” and conviently left out the publisher so we can’t tell if they’re real books or not!👍
 
Just don’t tell anyone about the arms we’re hiding in the church basements. We wouldn’t want that to get out.
I recently heard a convert to Catholicism mention this and I just figured it was Oklahoma Baptist paranoia. Did not realize it had national myth-roots.
 
http://www.reformation.org/page2.html

Here’s some more enlightening articles from this site. I’d like to see you Catholics defend your church now inlight of these articles. Gotta love the brain power behind the reformation 👍
:rotfl:

thank you so much…in this day when so many people make attacks against the Church Christ Himself founded, to have someone like you come along and lighten up the day is truly a blessing…this is the funniest stuff I have ever seen!
 
So, where IS R McGeddon.
He posted this silliness 11/29/06, 23 days ago!
Just a post n’ run?
 
No, it was a post and watch people jump up and down.
On top of your defeated and silly argument, yeah. 😉

Still waiting for some claims that the Black Pope and his Jesuit army orchestrated World War II by simultaneously controlling Stalin, Hitler, and Franco. If nonsense is fair-game for an argument, at least make it as colorful as Chick’s writing!
 
You should get over yourselves, I posted a silly thread and people reacted in a similar ridiculous fashion to a Da Vinci Code thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top