- Why is deliberately blocking this purpose a sin? There still have not been a theological reasoning put for to explain this position.
- Having sex only during infertile cycles subverts the procreative aspect of the marriage bond. True or false?
So the sin is not in preventing pregnancy (i.e. denying the procreative aspect of the marriage bond), but in denying this aspect of sex outside of God’s natural design? WHY? What about that makes it a sin? Is the sin denying the procreative aspect of the marriage bond, or only doing so at artificially induced times?
That logic doesn’t stand. Only having sex when the woman is infertile is a different way of not letting God in. The refusal to allow him in, according to your logic, is not the sin, but rather the way you are telling him 'no".
All of that is subjective, and does not explain why using artificial birth control for the same grave and serious reasons is sinful.
It is hyperbole in that it does not answer the question that was specifically asked. Nobody is questioning whether or not “inviting God to share in one’s life” is good or bad, only in whether framing the discussion as such is valid. I submit that denying the procreative aspect of sex by only having it during infertile times is similarly “not inviting God in.” That’s your logic, not mine.
I realize you are saying it, but it is contradictory. If artificial birth control is bad because it is rejecting God’s participation in the procreative aspect of sex, then so is only having sex when the woman is naturally infertile. On both occaisons, the answer to God’s participation is a resounding “no”. To suggest otherwise is to contract your own statements.
I’m not sure if you are calling me stubborn and arrogant directly, or only indirectly implying it by suggesting that if I don’t agree with you, I should be careful that I am not one or the other. In either case, it’s not helpful.
What you think most folks think doesn’t give credence to any position, however.
Attacking me personally because I have further questions or objections to your answer is not helpful.