Once again this is your problem. You seem to be under the impression that Intentions to not have children is ALWAYS IMMORAL.
There are a lot of implications and misinterpretations on your part. Once again, I said no such thing. It is the Church, not me, that has an issue with married couples avoiding having children. If you disagree, you are not disagreeing with me, but rather the Church. The Church allow a married couple to (attempt to) avoid having children this to occur if certain conditions were met (financial hardship, etc.). My very simple question involved the Scriptural support for these exceptions.
That is FALSE. I gave you the Scriptural example of the Blessed Virgin Mary. She abstained from sex all her life inside of marriage. She is was without any sin.
This has nothing to do with the question I asked. I fail to see the connection between the Blessed Virgin Mary not having sex and how intentionally having sex during infertile times to avoid having children because of hardship are connected.
Now forgive me for reminding you again but this is the line of thinking that lead you to equate NFP and ABC’s.
Once again this is a misrepresentation on your part. I don’t equate the two at all. The intent to not have children is what it is…it is the intent not to have children, which is viewed morally wrong, except under certain conditions. That is not my opinion…that is the opinion of the Church.
The second, subsequent issue deals with “the object” as another poster called it. If the “intent” is immoral, then there is no reason to discuss the object, except to determine if one situation is more immoral than another.
Because for you, it seemed like intent to have kids and not have kids was what separated the two.
On the other hand, the couple that wants to avoid conceiving because they can’t even get by themselves and barely surviving is MORAL.
Now we’re getting somewhere. Is this your personal opinion, the opinion of a particular pope, Christ, inference from the Old Testament, etc.?
I should note that if this discussion were about, say, marriage, I would get Scriptural references ad naseum. Unfortunately, none regarding this issue.