P
PJD1987
Guest
I’m just looking for a clarification on this topic. I read an article from the archived “This Rock” magazine here that refuted Mormonism on many things, one of them was that they believe that we can become gods ourselves (or something similar, it was awhile ago). My question involves 2 Peter 1:4 where Peter says we can “share in His Divine nature”. I was just wondering the difference between the Mormon belief on this and the Catholic belief?
I was attending a talk on worship and prayer by a religious brother who used the quote from 2 Peter to explain like the communion between us and the Lord in our contemplative prayer life and a red flag went up when he used the word theosis, is “our” definition of theosis different from the Mormons, and how?
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and time.
God bless,
Paul
I was attending a talk on worship and prayer by a religious brother who used the quote from 2 Peter to explain like the communion between us and the Lord in our contemplative prayer life and a red flag went up when he used the word theosis, is “our” definition of theosis different from the Mormons, and how?
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and time.
God bless,
Paul