There is no sin...

  • Thread starter Thread starter God_I_Love
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no sin in the heart when love is the driving force
how are you defining “agape love”. Your premise is used to justify and cover a number of sins usually in the moral department. False teachers have used this “agape love” argument to convince others that immorality (sex outside of marriage) is ok because “it’s all love and love can’t be wrong” I think that is where you are going with this.
 
Can you please give Book, Chapter and Verse for this? Thank you.
1 John 4:20
‘’
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.’’

the reason this particular construct of understanding is not explicitly stated verse wise is that it is an understanding that was revealed and given, not taken. It comes from trying to understand love, and it’s action and work, and sin and that’s action and nature. The statement comes from that and I share for your benefit and mine (from allowing your judgment on my words in the light of the Church). The least understood thing that I have observed within the Church are those two concepts
 
how are you defining “agape love”. Your premise is used to justify and cover a number of sins usually in the moral department. False teachers have used this “agape love” argument to convince others that immorality (sex outside of marriage) is ok because “it’s all love and love can’t be wrong” I think that is where you are going with this.
Marriage of the flesh is what you are disconnecting the idea of love in. Love is not truly expressed in the flesh alone, but in the spirit. Yet if lust is the driving action behind the marriage it remains fornication as the Spirit remains unwed or given to another. The highest marriage we are ALL called too, is with Christ. He who is all (what you do to the least…) wishes to selflessly love us until we recognize and trust in the HS to comfort and guide us through this storm we call life. Now when one is one in spirit with another they are married. It’s that simple. We are all wives to that whom/which we place our heart into
 
We can love God with our hearts and still we disappoint Him. (sin) We aren’t perfect, ergo we sin. Well…I do every day because I’m human not perfect although I do try to strive to be better. Doesn’t mean I don’t love God because I sin. And when I sin, it tears me apart (It does) knowing I sinned against our God Who loves us more than our comprehension.

When I think of Perfect love, even perfection, I think of the Saints and the Virgin Mary.

It is in us to not love every single minute thing or race, creed or whatever in this imperfect world. There was one perfect person Who lived on this earth. Jesus Christ. Oh, and His Mother. My belief. And my opinion.

Further, I love homosexuals- have members in my family that are. But, they know how I stand on coupling, marriage, partnering…etc.And I won’t go to a wedding of a homosexual family member. Thus, I love the man, hate the sin.

Love y’all and God bless y’all, ❤️
Sheila
 
Sin is an error in love. Vainglory is too much love of self. Greed and envy are too much love of money/things. Lust and gluttony are too much love of pleasure, and so on.
Sin is an expression of self love through blindness to all other lights but oneself. A person in sin is isolated and lost. Walking in the thorny fields of perdition yet blind to the direction as they do not understand what it is the Spirit needs. Which is selfless (in so far as it is no longer directed inwardly but outwardly through ‘‘treat others…’’) love with hope that all that One sows they will reap. All the pther things you stated are not deriving from too much love, rather too little, as the Spirit has the need to fill it with deception (feeding on the blindness of sin)
 
Marriage of the flesh is what you are disconnecting the idea of love in. Love is not truly expressed in the flesh alone, but in the spirit. Yet if lust is the driving action behind the marriage it remains fornication as the Spirit remains unwed or given to another. The highest marriage we are ALL called too, is with Christ. He who is all (what you do to the least…) wishes to selflessly love us until we recognize and trust in the HS to comfort and guide us through this storm we call life. Now when one is one in spirit with another they are married. It’s that simple. We are all wives to that whom/which we place our heart into
Your definitions are way out there. Sorry but this is sloppy agape run amuck.
 
Label bias: a need to place an entity Within a construct such as ‘‘catholic’’, ‘‘christian’’, etc. and using that construct, or label, as the sole determinant for whether you agree or disagree with a person on (x, y, and z)
You could have explained what you meant in your first post. But you did not. All you left was a very vague message, that could have meant a number of things.

**There is no sin in the heart when love is the driving force
**

It kind of seemed that you intended to be misunderstood and disagreed with, so that is what you got.

For the record, I posted that you were correct in a way but then I asked a few questions so I could better understand where you were coming from. What did you expect from your first post? Simply for everyone to reply “amen” without knowing what exactly you meant? Whether you were saying there is no sin at all… whether you were saying that you are not a sinner because you have “love”… Come on 🤷
 
Label bias: a need to place an entity Within a construct such as ‘‘catholic’’, ‘‘christian’’, etc. and using that construct, or label, as the sole determinant for whether you agree or disagree with a person on (x, y, and z)
One flaw in your argument: People who label themselves as Catholics can disagree on many things. You can label yourself a Catholic and yet disagree with another person who label themselves as a Catholic. It’s not because they “need” to be labeled. It’s just how the world works. We label things because we want to identify things, and labels are things which we revolve our identity around.
your disconnect is that you assume when the word ‘‘love’’ is used that I mean a carnal understanding and expression of that. That is not love but lust. I am referring to the unification of spirit’s through the divine essence of Love uniting us all, as Christ prayed, in one. The fullness thereof being the Omega. Love must be given freely by the soul to another and then reciprocated in order for a mutual unification. The seeking and expression of that need and desire of the spirit to be one with another is inborn. The perusal of that, when enlightened by God, is the highest work one can do for it is in that (love one another) that we accomplish the work of God, through belief in Christ.
I don’t think the poster meant that. Of course the poster didn’t mean that kind of sexual love. The poster meant a kind of love which is one’s relationship with God. Does that mean when one is in a relationship with God he or she can never sin?

I have to agree that you left your original post vague, since it can mean a lot of things to a lot of people. Also your statement doesn’t sound like something Christ, not anyone of the Apostles would say. Sounds like something coming out of a bodhisattva.
Sin is an expression of self love through blindness to all other lights but oneself. A person in sin is isolated and lost. Walking in the thorny fields of perdition yet blind to the direction as they do not understand what it is the Spirit needs. Which is selfless (in so far as it is no longer directed inwardly but outwardly through ‘‘treat others…’’) love with hope that all that One sows they will reap. All the pther things you stated are not deriving from too much love, rather too little, as the Spirit has the need to fill it with deception (feeding on the blindness of sin)
So does that mean that a greedy businessmen who embezzles his employees; and who has love for Christ, understands that love for Christ, is a faithful follower of Christ, is saved from sin, even though he ruined thousands of lives?
 
God_I_Love;12717950:
There is no sin in the heart when love is the driving force
1 John 4:20 ‘Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.’’

this construct of understanding is not explicitly stated verse wise
Actually, that actually contradicts what you are claiming. It doesn’t say anything like that. The verse says that if you are lacking love you are a liar, not that you have no sin if you have love. Just making up your own interpretations will certainly lead you astray.

I would suggest a thorough study of The Catechism.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top