This is the gist of Holy Communion?

• Thread starter Thread starter HiImBrittom
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HiImBrittom

So when God blesses something, it becomes His.

Special Blessing: Jesus’ Body, Jesus’ Blood. It’s His offering, done for the forgiveness of sins, given to us by Him.

Last edited:
That’s the way. Thank you for clarifying.

Last edited:
Additionally, God’s grace is transmitted to us and lives within us. Volumes have been written about it and volumes more to come, but God is Simplicity in its simplicity. We err when we allow ourselves to complicate it. The serpent is the first one to complicate things in Genesis 3.

Trusting and fearing God gets me through anything. I didn’t fear God well most of my life. Keeping him in mind when you deal with others will serve you well.

Last edited:
At communion (or wherever they exist outside of communion) both Body and Blood contain Jesus Christ fully present in Sacramental form. The Eucharist, in either or both species, is the “source and summit” of our faith. The Alpha and Omega, if you will.

For definitive explanations of religious, liturgical and historical aspects of the faith, I highly recommend the following books.
  1. The Catholic Encyclopedia.
  2. The Catholic Dictionary by Servant of God Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.He was reputed as the finest dogmatic theologian of the 20th century.
  3. Catholicism for Dummies. Rather off-putting title but a great book on the fundamentals of the faith. It may be used as a form of catechism.

A very good booklet to read is Sacraments of the Church printed by Aquinas Press and written by Bart Tesoriero. It provides detailed yet succinct descriptions of the history, development and efficacy of the Sacraments. Highly recommended. I could find it only on eBay.

To clarify what @po18guy posted:

The gist of Holy Communion is that it is a channel of God’s grace.

It’s not just a channel of God’s grace. When a Catholic receives Holy Communion, he or she receives Christ Himself, Who together with the Father and the Holy Spirit is the Author of all grace.

IOW, the other 6 Sacraments give grace but in the Holy Eucharist one receives not only grace but God Himself.

Last edited:
This makes the most sense out of ANYTHING I’ve ever heard about HOLY COMMUNION. Thank you (sister? mother?).

Thank you! I’m not a Sister or Mother but did explore becoming a religious though. 😊

I paraphrased Fr. Schudlo in My Divine Friend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back