This really sucks

• Thread starter Thread starter Lane1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lane1

So I was recently in the hospital, it wasn’t COVID-19 but it was a serious issue. So what do I do ?
have someone contact the parish office and ask to let the priest know. He couldn’t get in to do an anointing i understand, but I was severely I’ll and may have needed it, but the priest didn’t even offer, he told my representative that SOMEONE not even him, just someone from the church would be in contact with me. Some priest. I have since started going to another church but i fear the same thing will happen there. What happened to priests ? . . .

This isn’t good

Last edited:
What happened to priests ? They don’t care anymore, selfish spoiled brats. It’s not a job it’s a vocation but some ( most the ones I’ve talked to ) see it as a job and something they don’t have to do. Power mongering money hungry lazy men .
So sad what has become of priests. I’m thinking seriously of leaving. God is always with me anyhow I don’t need church or men
I am sorry you were ill. I hope you have recovered.

How many priests have died from Covid now, caught whilst ministering to the dying? Lets look it up.

Being good is not good enough. If it were Jesus would have no need of instituting the sacraments, the Eucharist , and His church.

Last edited:
Right but he didn’t have to go to the hospital if he were scared I understand. But a call/text/email…some kind of communication would have been greatly appreciated but I got nothing. I can’t base my happiness on this

Right but he didn’t have to go to the hospital if he were scared I understand. But a call/text/email…some kind of communication would have been greatly appreciated but I got nothing. I can’t base my happiness on this
Base your happiness on Jesus Christ and the sacraments of the church, when you can go back to the Mass.

How when his priests don’t care ? Jesus is always with me anyhow, so why go to mass ?

How when his priests don’t care ? Jesus is always with me anyhow, so why go to mass ?
The Eucharist. The source and summit of the Church.

How many caring priests have died from covid globally so far?

Last edited:
Your right I can’t say they’re all like that but one is and that’s one too many

You know what the Church tells the priests to do. You know many priests do serve the sick with the Holy Sacraments.

Don’t leave the Church based on bad examples.

Hospitals have changed. When I was young, the hospital where I worked would ask new admissions their religious preference, and if Catholic, your parish. (It was a Catholic hospital.) So, parishes were routinely notified when a parishioner was admitted, and that was normally followed by a visit.

Now, with HIPPA, hospitals wont even tell anybody that you are there, unless you specifically ask them to. And, with Covid, you are unlikely to get a visit.

Your right I can’t say they’re all like that but one is and that’s one too many
I understand that you are angry, but perhaps it would be better - however hard - to focus on those priests who have been good to you, or to folk you know. I have known many excellent priests in my time (almost 75 years), and there there will be many more I’ve never known.

Be merciful, and you will find peace. That much is sure.

Yeah it just sucks when you like someone and they don’t reciprocate it

Yeah but he could have called or returned my call. He don’t like me and now i don’t like him. Fair is fair

You can’t receive the Eucharist if the priest won’t bring it to you. Im losing my faith in the catholic church

Yeah it just sucks when you like someone and they don’t reciprocate it
I know. But what truly makes us, is how we deal with it.

That we can control. Please do not permit the unacceptable behaviour of others to dictate how you behave. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back