C
Chris_in_BC
Guest
Do you find there are a lot of people around who have blind faith? The people who are great when it comes to goingto church and praying but when it comes to taking a stand they don’t understand whythe church is taking a stand on an issue and are going along with it because the church says so? I guess I’m bringing this up because being in Canada the church ids under attack over the issue of same sex marraiges. There are a lot of Catholics I have run into who are opposed to it because the church is opposed to it but have no understanding of why the church is opposed to it which is the fact marraige is a sacrament and when it comes to sacraments you don’t change them. Not only that but civil law has gotten the definition of marraige from cannon law and by the law changing the definition of cannon law it is in fact telling the church that the state can change whatever it wants that is the jurisdiction of the church. I guess this whole thing just really scares me because one lawyer for gay rights has said outright that any door which includes a church will be kicked down which could someday ean a priest could be sued for discrimination for refusing to marry a gay couple