J
JRKH
Guest
I am seeking a clarification on the matter telling a lie…
Several times I have run across threads that ask questions or pose queries on this matter. As Children we are taught that it is a “sin” to lie.
Yet in the ten commandments, I see no such blanket prohibition. In both Exodus and Leviticus, the commandment is against, “bearing false witness against your neighbor”.
Are there other commands that cover other instances of speaking something that is not factually true?
Thanks for any help.
Peace
James
Several times I have run across threads that ask questions or pose queries on this matter. As Children we are taught that it is a “sin” to lie.
Yet in the ten commandments, I see no such blanket prohibition. In both Exodus and Leviticus, the commandment is against, “bearing false witness against your neighbor”.
Are there other commands that cover other instances of speaking something that is not factually true?
Thanks for any help.
Peace
James