Thoughts on Mandela Effect?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mickeyboggs
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickeyboggs

Guest
I recently have been curious about this and was wondering what either the church teaches or any thoughts anyone might have. It’s intriguing but I don’t want to be reading about it if it is something that is unhealthy for the soul.
 
Last edited:
Just that people can get false impressions and that those impressions can spread rather rapidly?

I don’t think that believing that Nelson Mandela is dead, or that various logos are different than what we think they are, can seriously harm our soul…
 
Well it’s about how multiple people would misremember the same event. Even though the given event never supposedly happened, it’s odd that multiple people remember it the same exact way.
 
It’s probably mostly things sounding right or spreading in the culture then the objective facts are different.

Some people claim crazier things, like that they had a child that now doesn’t exist or what not. I take that skeptically. People often try to come up with sensational stuff.
 
It really was the Berenstein Bears not Berenstain Bears…

I was a little kid in the early 90s and learned how to read with those books. It blew my mind when I saw the spelling is now Berenstain and supposedly always has been.
 
I know! It’s really crazy but I remember the Berenstein bears too!! That and Chic-Fila not Chick-fila. I just drove past one of those a couple of weeks back and was surprised because I swear up and down it never had a K in it.
 
I just had to Google that. I always thought it was Chic Fila not Chick. The rabbit hole just got a lot deeper.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone else remember We Are the Champions by Queen ending with “no time for losers 'cause we are the champions…of the world”? Because I just checked and the part “of the world” apparently doesn’t exist.
 
It’s in the middle of the song, but the ending doesn’t say it! (Heard it on the radio the other day.) 🙂
 
Anyway, back to my original question, would it be wrong/harmful to believe that it’s real? Like affect my relationship with God?
 
That’s because the "official"version that can play on the radio doesn’t do it, but in live shows they would add the ‘of the world’ to it, quite likely.

I personally remembered Curious George having a tail.

Would it be harmful? Well, it depends what you believe with regards to it.
 
Cognitive psychology.

Our memories create false memories very easily. It’s extremely interesting, you could actually read up about it. Loftus is a good person to start

Edit: I could come by later and elaborate I guess, but I’m running late
 
Last edited:
Well, do you think reality is falling apart or that when we die we just switch time lines or something else science fictiony?
 
I don’t think reality is falling a part or that there is anything dimensional involved. I do think it has something to do with time and I think God is involved in it if anything is going on, like He controls it, nothing crazy like parallel universes. I think it’s natural. Any harm in that? I just think God is always in control of everything that goes on and He knows what’s going on.
 
The Mandela Effect could be seen logically as based on either false memories or changes in a companies logo.

Like with the Berenstain Bears spelling, if you believe that the Berenstain Bears where shifted into a parallel universe then this form of thought is not that of Gods.

I do have the book in storage, must dig it out one day.
 
It’s quite interesting. I remember writing about that in particular for a psych class. Our memory is extremely malleable and the Mandela effect can be explained with some psychological theories
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top