Three Ages of the Interior Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pilgram2000
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilgram2000

Guest
I just ordered the 2 volume set of this book. Has anyone read it? It is considered a modern spiritual classic. It is available for free online. I searched to find the actual physical books and found a site that I was able to purchase both volumes really cheaply. They currently are having a special on all Tan books. The site is:

catholicbooksellers.com

I am not affiliated with them in any way. I just read a lot and was really happy to see their prices. They also ship worldwide, although their shipping is a bit expensive.
 
I just read the chapters on Contemplative Prayer and I was impressed by some of the insights and knowledge that got conveyed.
 
Excellent books. Very academic style, though.

It’s a tough read to go cover to cover. Perhaps the best reading approach is to pick a theme/chapter that particularly speaks to you and slowly spend time with it to absorb the teachings. Sort of like what Robert said in his post.
 
Looks like the old TAN bookline. I’ve bought many of their books over the years.
 
I haven’t read the whole book but its great and its on my eventual reading list 🙂
 
It’s also available for kindle (for those of us whose spouses have had it with piles of books everywhere!).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top