W
wmscott
Guest
Has anyone ever heard of the “Three Days of Darkness” I saw that Padre Pio wrote on this, but I am having a hard time understanding or believing this. Please enlighten me. Thanks
Thanks for the response, I have no real concern. I actually found it intriguing since I thought I had heard of most things regarding end times and the explanations behind them. I had never heard about this before.I think that it could happen. I read St. Faustina’s diary - it has a serious warning in there (somewhere around entry 86 - something like that). There have been numerous saints that have pointed to something like this. But, it’s been coming for hundreds of years. The odds are - you’ll die before it gets here anyway.
I spent some time being freaked out about it. But, even in St. Faustina’s diary, there is going to be an overt warning prior to the event. So, now, I am going to just live my life attempting to do the will of God as much as I possibly can.
I went through a cycle of discovery, then freaking out, then preparing, then accepting, then asking for mercy on the whole world.
If you think about it, though, why would 3 days of darkness cause you any concern?
Most of the things we tend to ‘hear about’ the end times are from other people that read the Apocalypse (as Revelations), and think they can somehow figure it all out, just by reading those scriptures. Many of them are under the impression that all of it speaks about the ‘end times’, but that’s not necessarily true. It’s based on visions that have a lot of symbolism in them, but much of it concerns the spiritual mysteries of salvation, the Church and the Mass. Many of the symbols that we see used in it have a long history of use throughout the Bible. But, they are not always used in the same ways.Thanks for the response, I have no real concern. I actually found it intriguing since I thought I had heard of most things regarding end times and the explanations behind them. I had never heard about this before.
To me I go by the “ we do not know the day or hour” of the second coming so I “TRY” to live a good and moral life as Christ would want us to do, participate in the sacraments, and try to persevere to the end.