Three more statements against the authenticity of the Bible

  • Thread starter Thread starter Thyme
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thyme

Guest
Instead of making multiple threads for the rest of my questions, I have put them into one. How do I answer:

“The order of the OT differs between Roman Catholics, Orthadox Catholics and Jew (which the Torah is the original book)”

and:

“Ecclesiastes is meant to have 52 chapters, but some Bibles and even in Torah has 12 or 13.”

The Greek Sptuaginct, which you can read the original manuscript online, was only refused because the Jews didn’t like the fact that it was written in Greek, when in fact some of the Greek documents where all that was left of the Hebrew versions". (To be honest, I didn’t really understand how this statement disproves the authenticity of the Bible, but I mentioned it, just in case anyone does have an answer to it).

Thank you for reading this!
 
Instead of making multiple threads for the rest of my questions, I have put them into one. How do I answer:

“The order of the OT differs between Roman Catholics, Orthadox Catholics and Jew (which the Torah is the original book)”
Yeah, they do - we must remember though that the whole idea of a fixed canon of Scripture did not exist yet for a good deal of Jewish and Christian history. BTW, what’s an ‘Orthodox Catholic’? :confused: And, if I may ask, how are the differing numbers of books a proof AGAINST Biblical authenticity? 🤷
“Ecclesiastes is meant to have 52 chapters, but some Bibles and even in Torah has 12 or 13.”
He’s confusing EcclesiastICUS (aka Sirach, Jesus son of Sirach or Ben-Sira) with EcclesiastES (aka Qohelet) here. And yes, Sirach does have 51 chapters, if that’s any consolation. 😉
 
Some reasons Jews were not crazy about the Septuagint:
  1. Christians were using it.
    2 Greek became less common and important to Jews after many of them fled the country.
  2. There are translation discrepancies between the Sep. and Hebrew texts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top