"Three people killed in Nice terror attack: Two of the victims are BEHEADED - including a woman - and several others wounded in knife attack during mo

• Thread starter Thread starter IanM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
so sad, but this is the usual response of the religion of “peace”

Already a thread about this. @moderators
Please merge the threads or whatever happens.
40.png
At Least Three Dead, Several Injured After Knife Attack In French City Of Nice World News
I don’t understand - I thought Islam is the religion of peace?

Last edited:
Lampadusa?

Thousands of migrants go through there. Of course, this is unacceptable.

I have actually seen a few French movies on migrants. Interesting, I am sure a large number are harmless.

Let’s not forget either that incident in Italy, where a Senegalese busdriver was sort of holding the children on his bus hostage. That ended safely and nobody was hurt.

@Niblo, this brings up a question for me. Every religion is disgusted when another religion makes fun or disparages their religion in some way. Is it just a cultural difference that so many Muslims react so strongly to others slighting their faith?

Christians and Jews just tut tut and shake their heads. It’s pretty rare for one of them to enter into another’s sacred space and begin killing them. Yet, it’s almost a safe bet that some Muslims will react this way. I don’t really think it’s the religion itself, though perhaps they read some justification for their actions there…I think it’s just more likely that they come from a long line of revenge cultures that allows them to have this mindset. Which then has me baffled as to why they would emigrate to a western country where freedom of speech is so highly valued, including the possibility of their faith being ridiculed?

Do you have any insights here? Is it due to culture?

Last edited:
This is a real culture clash, they are not use to being able to offend their religion, maybe they are promised a reward for doing something like that.

This is very sad. France is certainly racking up a batch of martyrs of this type.

At least they died being as close to Jesus as one can get in this world.

Here is another thing that happened today and it happened after this very sad Nice attack,
7:20 p.m.

A man shot and killed by police in the French city of Avignon on Thursday claimed allegiance to an anti-immigrant group and had assaulted a merchant of North African descent, authorities said.

The incident came soon after a man shouting “God is great” in Arabic killed three people in a church in the southern city of Nice, prompting fears of copycat attacks.

The man in Avignon had a firearm, and was shot and killed by police after he refused to drop his weapon and a warning shot failed to stop him, according to a national police official.
https://www.wpxi.com/news/world/latest-israels/K45HQH4VYI6LDP7QUBHKTXHKR4/

So, this sort of appears like a backlash, retaliation though, you can’t be certain.

That’s interesting that the police in France per this story, fired a warning shot first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back