Thunderstorms

  • Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.A.Stobie_SFO

Guest
**Thunderstorms
**
Flashing lightning, resounding thunder, and plummeting rain
Indicate that a heavy thunderstorm rages hitting the terrain.
Strong blowing winds, impacting hail, and twisting tornadoes
May accompany the thunderstorm leaving large damage woes.

Are thunderstorms just nature being violent causing damage,
Mother Nature blowing off steam in a noisy mad rampage?
God punishing us for our sins by causing destruction galore,
Subtlety encouraging our repentance through acts of terror?

No, of course not - Thunderstorms provide very useful functions,
Cleansing the impacted air of both natural and man-made pollutions
And balancing the stored energy throughout the nearby atmosphere.
So praise God for the thunderstorms with a loud boisterous cheer.

Copyright 2015 - Thomas A. Stobie, SFO. Permission to copy for personal use granted.
 
I love thunderstorms!!! I grew up in the midwest and loved the summer thunderstorms. I have lived in the desert with the monsoons and the thunderstorms there and now live in the mountains and like the thundrrstorms here. I don’t care too much for lightning, but I guess it is part of the storm system.
 
Really liked this. Thanks for posting. My memorable storm was in the north woods on a small boat motorboat. You could see the storm approaching in the distance quickly. Made it to shore but not dry. Perhaps thunderstorms are another way of God reminding us to spiritually cleans ourselves.
 
Really liked this. Thanks for posting. My memorable storm was in the north woods on a small boat motorboat. You could see the storm approaching in the distance quickly. Made it to shore but not dry. Perhaps thunderstorms are another way of God reminding us to spiritually cleans ourselves.
The storm does seem to clean the air so it could be God reminding us to spiritually cleanse ourselves. I know I have been through many storms where I have been fearful and the storm seemed so evil. It makes you thankful when the storm is over and your house is still standing and everyone is safe.
 
I love thunderstorms!!! I grew up in the midwest and loved the summer thunderstorms. I have lived in the desert with the monsoons and the thunderstorms there and now live in the mountains and like the thundrrstorms here. I don’t care too much for lightning, but I guess it is part of the storm system.
I miss the awesome tropical thunderstorms of my youth out in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaya. -Also, the rather awesome ones that occasionally happened while in [West] Germany.

Here in Sheffield, UK, where I now reside we only very occasionally have a brief crash banging and lighting up of the sky.

I also miss those meteor showers and vast starry heavens. Where I live now the light pollution by a large cuts out those experiences.
 
My mother was scared of thunderstorms, but she tried not to transmit that fear to me. Apparently she succeeded; she told me that when I was 2-3 years old I would stand in the west-facing back door of our house and watch approaching storms. When the lightning flashed, I would jump up and down and yell, “Nice good lightning!” 😃
 
My mother was scared of thunderstorms, but she tried not to transmit that fear to me. Apparently she succeeded; she told me that when I was 2-3 years old I would stand in the west-facing back door of our house and watch approaching storms. When the lightning flashed, I would jump up and down and yell, “Nice good lightning!” 😃
Reminds me of the scene from War of the Worlds where Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning watch the lightning storm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top