Tim Russert Disgrace!

• Thread starter Thread starter JamesD
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesD

Did you see Meet the Press this morning? I tend to watch regularly because I respected Russert’s fairness and even handedness. I am very upset. He interviewed Donald Rumsfeld and played for him the famous question about scrounging for materials to up-armmor vehicles in Quate. The version edited to make Rummy look very unsimpathetic. That disturbed me. But it got much worse.

Rummy immediatly called it unfair and pointed out the unfavorable editing. Russert then denied it was edited!!
Rummy had to read him the transcript.

I switched it off right then.
Did you see it?
Did Russert ever acknolege he was wrong?
Were you angered?

I will only gain any trust in Russert back if he admits his error!

40.png
JamesD:
Did you see Meet the Press this morning? I tend to watch regularly because I respected Russert’s fairness and even handedness. I am very upset. He interviewed Donald Rumsfeld and played for him the famous question about scrounging for materials to up-armmor vehicles in Quate. The version edited to make Rummy look very unsimpathetic. That disturbed me. But it got much worse.

Rummy immediatly called it unfair and pointed out the unfavorable editing. Russert then denied it was edited!!
Rummy had to read him the transcript.

I switched it off right then.
Did you see it?
Did Russert ever acknolege he was wrong?
Were you angered?

I will only gain any trust in Russert back if he admits his error!
I wish you hadn’t turned it off…I did’nt see it and would have liked to know what happened when Russert was confronted with the transcript…maybe some one will know…

40.png
JamesD:

Russert didn’t deny it was edited, he said it was representative of the discussion. Rummy disagreed and read him the transcript (so much for Russert trying to save time).

It was a good exchange and Rummy was able to read the entire answer to the soldier’s question.

Russert did not applogize for editing the quote, but then I don’t know of any MSM that did not edit the quote, including FOX News.

Too bad you turned it off though, Rummy gave a great tribute to the troops.

Too bad I missed it. That’s usually the only talk “news” program I watch. I like the polite way he usually controls things.

Rummy reminds me too much of Robert McNamara from the Kennedy years. He apparently takes advice only from himself. 😦 I was sorta hoping Bush would replace him.

40.png
gilliam:
Too bad you turned it off though, Rummy gave a great tribute to the troops.
I found it to be more “Lip Service” to the troops than “Tribute”

…and MANY Troops feel that way as well.

Faithful 2 Rome:

Well I think it was a very good tribute, and you couldn’t have surveyed MANY troops after the show, so don’t pretend you did.

Faithful 2 Rome:

Well, if you say so, it must be true. You do know that most polls indicated that military personnel voted overwhelmingly for President Bush in the last election.

Rummsfeld was also on Stephenapolous today and I liked the segment very much. Stephenopolous tried to get him to disagree with the President or Condi Rice, and he wouldn’t fall into the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back