Time to Make Some Phone Calls

  • Thread starter Thread starter gilliam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gilliam

Guest
Christian Coalition urges 5 Republican Senators To Vote For Ending Judicial Filibusters in the U.S. Senate

The following Republican Senators need to be called to urge them to vote for whatever it takes to get Senate floor votes for each of President George W. Bush’s judicial nominees, including voting for the “constitutional option” (use of 51 votes to allow a Senate floor vote for a judicial nominee).

Toll Free 877-762-8762

Senator Mike DeWine (Ohio): Columbus 614-469-5186 Cincinnati 513-763-8260 Cleveland 216-522-7272 Toledo 419-259-7536 Marietta 740-373-2317 Xenia 937-376-3080

Senator Susan Collins (Maine): Bangor 207-945-0417 Augusta 207-622-8414 Biddeford 207-283-1101 Lewiston 207-784-6969 Caribou 207-493-7873 Portland 207-780-3575

Senator Chuck Hagel (Nebraska): Omaha 402-758-8981 Lincoln 402-476-1400 Scottsbluff 308-632-6032 Kearney 308-236-7602

Senator Olympia Snowe (Maine): Portland 207-874-0883 Auburn 207-786-2451 Augusta 207-622-8292 Bangor 207-945-0432 Biddeford 207-282-4144 Presque Isle 207-764-5124

Senator John Warner (Virginia): Richmond 804-771-2579 Norfolk 757-441-3079 Abingdon 540-628-8158 Roanoke 540-857-2676
 
I’ve called my friends in those states and they are calling their senators to voted against Senator Frist’s motion.
 
40.png
gilliam:
Thanks gilliam…I emailed all of them.
 
And I’ve called my senators, Pryor and Lincoln to hold fast against the Nuclear Option. I hope a compromise can be reached.
 
40.png
katherine2:
I’ve called my friends in those states and they are calling their senators to voted against Senator Frist’s motion.
I know people only in Virginia and Nebraska, but I’ve asked them to vote against the Frist motion.
 
It is not a nuclear option, the dems already pulled that. The repubs are merely wanting to give the President’s choices a vote–it is something called: “following the constitution.” Dems forgot what’s its like to follow the constitution.
 
Thanks! I’ve made calls and emailed all of the above mentioned Senators urging them to reject this Administration’s naked power grab attempt.

Peace!
 
Got the relatives to call about the out of control administration. The idea that the Senate is a “majority rule” institution is dangerous for the country.
 
40.png
Thekla:
Got the relatives to call about the out of control administration. The idea that the Senate is a “majority rule” institution is dangerous for the country.
Now this is a very strange statement. That is exactly what the constitution says it is.
 
40.png
Thekla:
The idea that the Senate is a “majority rule” institution is dangerous for the country.
Believe it or not, teachers in government schools are pushing that line on kids (of course union teachers say the opposite when Democrats are in the majority).

There is no civics education in public school anymore. Only indocrtination.
 
40.png
David_Paul:
Believe it or not, teachers in government schools are pushing that line on kids (of course union teachers say the opposite when Democrats are in the majority).

There is no civics education in public school anymore. Only indocrtination.
I don’t want to believe it :eek:
 
It doesn’t. And if it were a simple majority rule institution, Illinois would have 12 times the number of senators that Nebraska has.
 
40.png
rlg94086:
No one is getting naked…
Thank goodness! These are NOT people that I want to see “in the buff”… whew… (BIG sigh of relief!!)

Peace!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top