Timeline of the Sacrifice of the Eucharist

• Thread starter Thread starter Scott
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott

This is a timeline that shows how the Eucharist in any Mass is connected to Heaven and back to Calvary. I’ve been working on this the past few day with some (name removed by moderator)ut from friends at CF, especially, KennySe and Thereselittleflower. I thought you all might like to see it.

The diagram relates to how everything goes back to the single sacrifice of Christ on the cross and how everything is related to Heaven, not actually the Order of Mass.

Thanks for the link, though 🙂

40.png
Scott:
This is a timeline that shows how the Eucharist in any Mass is connected to Heaven and back to Calvary. I’ve been working on this the past few day with some (name removed by moderator)ut from friends at CF, especially, KennySe and Thereselittleflower. I thought you all might like to see it.
Hi Scott,
I’d be very interested to see your diagram more clearly. I have been trying to meditate/understand the Mass in a visual sense. I am currently working on a painting that describes the Mass and how it is an earthly representation (“We see God as if through a mirror,” to paraphrase St Paul) of what goes on in heaven at that particular time.

Thanks,

Claire

40.png
renegadearchtct:
Hi Scott,
I’d be very interested to see your diagram more clearly. I have been trying to meditate/understand the Mass in a visual sense. I am currently working on a painting that describes the Mass and how it is an earthly representation (“We see God as if through a mirror,” to paraphrase St Paul) of what goes on in heaven at that particular time.

Thanks,

Claire
Hi Claire

Did it not show up clear for you? I did downgrade the image quality to post it. It looks ok when I view it from here.

40.png
Scott:
Hi Claire

Did it not show up clear for you? I did downgrade the image quality to post it. It looks ok when I view it from here.
Hi Scott-
Thanks, it showed up clearly- just had to zoom in! I’m still trying to understand it, though, especially the Heaven portion. Do the diagonal lines pointing to heaven symbolize what goes on in Heaven during our earthly Mass? Is there an order to all the biblical quotes in heaven? Please Help!
Claire

I created the diagram to kind of help myself understand. I’m in the process of converting to Catholicism and am in the process of learning these things

It’s my understanding that we are participating in the Mass, with Heaven. The Mass on Earth looks very much like what’s going on in Heaven. My initial thought was to show how we are all participating in the single sacrifice, of Calvary, but it was incomplete, since it didn’t have the Heaven element.

If anyone has anything to add, that I’m missing, let me know and I will add it. 🙂

I remember looking at the page in my phone book that had a map of the different time zones in it and imagining all the Masses being offered in the different time zones. It was really cool thing to think about and well, still brings a smile to my face.

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

I like it!

Only thing I would change (and I might be wrong, because my understanding of this is still in formation) would be to have the lines from “Mass today” and “Mass tomorrow” back to the “Last Supper/Crucifixion” segment run up through the Heaven circle, and to have the directional arrows running both ways.

Just a thought…

DaveBj

Scott, have you read Lamb’s Supper by Scott Hahn? It addresses the very issues you are talking about. I have a suspicion that you might have, though, since what you are saying/drawing is very similar to what is in the book.

Selene said:
As for an African native who have never seen a priest, we Catholics have always prayed for God’s mercy on all people including those who don’t know Him and His Church.This is the reason why Christ sent his Apostles to all the world so they would know about Him,
not only the apostles but the missionaries of today. We pray that God open their hearts to the truth of His word.
Selene said:
but to those who never heard of him,
the bible says,

Paul said
Romans 1
15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

contrary to the Catechism
Selene said:
the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: *Those who, **through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ ***or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do His will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation (CCC #847).
Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things,** God shall add unto him the plagues** that are written in this book:

may we all agree on the truth

truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back