Tips for line drying clothes

  • Thread starter Thread starter prolifewife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your dryer just needs a new thermastat $3.00 part.
Good point… you may want to call a repair guy for an estimate! We’ve had our washer/dryer repaired several times - $40 for parts and labor may be worth the call!!! 👍
 
Use the vinegar – works great!
Remember the shaking out and smoothing!
I have 2 bars I hung across my upstairs hallway, above the door frames, that I use for hanging hangers of wet clothing for drying. I also have the drying racks – our air inside our big house gets very dry and hang drying the clothing really helps with the humidity – don’t know how you get things to dry with high humidity.
Make sure you aren’t over-stuffing your washer or the clothing will get lots of wrinkles! Things need to move freely in the washer.
Definitely brush the dogs outside each day!
A fan or blowing air purifier near the hanging clothing really works to hasten the drying.
I have hung everything for all my 23 married years (not always, because I do have a dryer which I use especially when in a hurry), even all the cloth diapers for all 6 children, and find that I can soften most things by shaking them a few times as I take them down to fold them. Somethings I put in the dryer on air fluff to soften for 10 minutes. I only get complaints about my husband’s dress socks which aren’t too comfy for the first few seconds of wearing.
 
What kind of berries are they?
Maybe your dryer just needs a new thermastat $3.00 part.
We use home made soap and when we line dry the clothes arent too bad, maybe you could try a different soap.
NaturOli Soap Nuts. My whole family (sisters, mother) is hooked, and we’re never turning back!

They really are amazing. My clothes are so clean & soft.
Still need to use a stain remover though, which is to be expected.

I ordered them from Amazon. amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=naturoli
 
I use about 1 tablespoon or LESS of fabric softener when I do use it. I get brand X and it lasts for months and months.
I have made my own laundry soap:
1 bar of shaved bar soap (Ivory, ZOTE, Fels-Naptha)
1/2 cup of borax
1/2 cup of washing soda
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes.1 Tablespoon per load. 2 TBS heavy dirty loads.
When I use commercial liquid laundry deter. I use about 2 Tablespoons per load. I use a vinegar rinse often.
Remember the metal wire things they used in trouser legs for line drying? I remember my older brothers using them; or my mother using them for my brothers trousers.
 
Get a clothes rack for drying clothes. I went without a dryer for 5 years and in the winter had to dry my clothes on the clothes rack.
 
Another way to reduce the wrinkles is to wash shirts (and other lighter weight clothing) separately from say jeans and towels, and stop the spin cycle before it is finished. Take out the shirt, shake it out and hang it on a hanger. Button the top button only so it dries without getting all pulled and wonky and then hang somewhere to dry. (Maybe overnight in the bathroom or outside of the clothesline.They may drip a little…)

Grew up without a dryer; we did this all the time and only ironed the mostly cotton blend things.

A drying rack is great for socks and underwear to dry on.

I agree with the poster that said to dry the pants upside down, it works. (Especially if not spun all the way…👍)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top