I see in Tit 1:1 that Paul considers himself a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ. Is this another example of the Catholic ‘both/and’.
I read in an article recently that Catholicism is not essentially about moral virtue, but about a relationship with the person Jesus Christ, later on in the article it said the essence of Catholicism is a personal relationship with the Trinity. I sometimes wonder if there are new Arians among us, who stress our friendship with Jesus Chris, a man like us in all things save sin, who loves us with unconditional love and is the model of our behavior. Perhaps our religion should focus more on God.
What do you think? What does the Church think?
I read in an article recently that Catholicism is not essentially about moral virtue, but about a relationship with the person Jesus Christ, later on in the article it said the essence of Catholicism is a personal relationship with the Trinity. I sometimes wonder if there are new Arians among us, who stress our friendship with Jesus Chris, a man like us in all things save sin, who loves us with unconditional love and is the model of our behavior. Perhaps our religion should focus more on God.
What do you think? What does the Church think?