To all of our Priests

  • Thread starter Thread starter Servant31
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Servant31

Guest
A big thank you to all our priests. Both in Catholicism, but also on this forum. In my life priests have been quite frankly the top performers. This sounds obvious. However, considering all the challenges the church has faced in the US and in Europe, I often don’t think we the faithful thank you enough. I’ve made a small list of what I’m grateful for…

Hearing my sins, again.
Encouraging me when I’ve got nothing left in the tank.
Admonishing me charitably and tactfully when I’m flat out wrong. And usually about to do something silly.
Being an independent third party.
Standing for truth when none else will.
For your prayers

For always keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus. In this we know we are moving toward God and not away from Him.
For not judging my weakness in the confessional. True strength is the ability to confront our weaknesses.
Celebrating mass day after day.
Doing and saying what’s unpopular, even amongst the faithful.
Leading by example.
For not always being my friend, but telling me what I may need to hear.
Always pointing me to Jesus instead of yourself.
What you all do when no one is watching.
Knowing that in the storms we can look to you because your looking at Christ.

Best Regards, Christ be with you.
 
That is so beautiful. Priests really do deserve a big thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top