To be a sectarian is anti-biblical

  • Thread starter Thread starter thetruth0flife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thetruth0flife

Guest
The bible talks about it various times in the Bible that who is divided will fall and is sinning against the true church of Christ. Satan is the one responsible to have caused divisions in his church that was established on Peter.

10 If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them. 11 For people like that have turned away from the truth, and their own sins condemn them.
Titus 3:10-11

Being a sectarian is to be divided. Therefore, you have turned away from the truth and from the true church of Christ.

10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[c] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.
Passage 1 Corinthians 1 :10

To formally be part of another church is already a sin because the truth and sacraments that the catholic church has is not present there. They are merely doctrines and traditions that men made up as to make money or business. Satan utilized men as to divide the true church of Christ such as Luther the founder of the Angelican church who rebelled against the Catholic church on holloween to later regret it and ask a priest to confess him before he died. Later on, more men became used by Satan and more sectarian religions appeared which branched off from the Catholic Church. They are nothing more but rebellions that were produced by Satan.

Jesus in the begenning always wanted a united church that would be one with him:

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you.
Passage John 17:20-21

We are all supposed to be one and not divided up into 30,000 sectarian religions that are all based or came from the Catholic Church.
 
I also bring forth a reflection for all those that think that reading the bible and knowing everything about it will grant you salvation: What is the point of knowing the whole bible and knowing every scripture if you don’t have love? Doesn’t the devil know the bible too and even challenged Jesus with launching bible passages to him too and testing his faith so that he would fall in sin and adore him?🙂
 
Not according to Catholic teaching.
It is a sin if you already know that the truth is held in the Catholic Church and you rejected it and turned away from it for other purposes. Those other reasons would be making money along with the pastor and making your very own church just to make some money or being part of heresy when having that conscious that what you are doing is against the bible.

Other than that I would like to see the teaching that Catholic Church has, please. God bless you.:cool:
 
It is a sin if you already know that the truth is held in the Catholic Church and you rejected it and turned away from it for other purposes. Those other reasons would be making money along with the pastor and making your very own church just to make some money or being part of heresy when having that conscious that what you are doing is against the bible.

Other than that I would like to see the teaching that Catholic Church has, please. God bless you.:cool:
What about all the people who are born and brought up Methodists, Anglicans, Lutherans, Baptists etc and know nothing or little about the Catholic Church? Are they sinners?
 
What about all the people who are born and brought up Methodists, Anglicans, Lutherans, Baptists etc and know nothing or little about the Catholic Church? Are they sinners?
No. They have no knowledge. This only applies to those that know that the Catholic Church is the true church of Christ but deny it to remain in heresy.

They are sinners because they are born that way (original sin) and so is everyone else but if you meant that if they are sinning for not being part of the Catholic Church, then the answer is no. They aren’t doing it intentionally.
 
It is a sin if you already know that the truth is held in the Catholic Church and you rejected it and turned away from it for other purposes.
Yes, that’s a problem. But your comment I responded to said simply that formally belonging to another Church is a sin. Those are two different claims. Nowhere does the Catholic Church teach that those who simply formally belong to another Church are sinners. Unless you know otherwise? Thanks.
 
Yes, that’s a problem. But your comment I responded to said simply that formally belonging to another Church is a sin. Those are two different claims. Nowhere does the Catholic Church teach that those who simply formally belong to another Church are sinners. Unless you know otherwise? Thanks.
If I am correct, this has to do with the fact that there is no salvation outside the church. If I am in error please correct my mistakes. God bless you.🙂

"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - *those too may achieve eternal salvation.*337 This is where other people of other religions fall into.

848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

Catechism of the Catholic Church
 
If I am correct, this has to do with the fact that there is no salvation outside the church. If I am in error please correct my mistakes.
As you note, the Church does not teach that formally belonging to another church is a sin. Great reference to the Catechism.
 
As you note, the Church does not teach that formally belonging to another church is a sin. Great reference to the Catechism.
No it does not. The Bible does. I never stated that the church taught that but the Bible did.🙂

For you not be saved even though belonging to another church even though you had recieved the truth of the Catholic Church but rejected it as stated by the catechism must mean that you were sinning and not in Gods favor. Am I correct?

I apologize if I did not further explain as to how you were sinning if you were formally belonging to another church. If you still have questions please say so. God bless.🙂
 
No it does not. The Bible does. I never stated that the church taught that but the Bible did.🙂
I may have misunderstood, sorry. What are you saying here, exactly? What does the Bible, and/or the Church, teach? You quoted passages from the Catechism (Church teaching) but not the Bible…so I’m not clear as to what you mean. Thanks.
For you not be saved even though belonging to another church even though you had recieved the truth of the Catholic Church but rejected it as stated by the catechism must mean that you were sinning and not in Gods favor.
I don’t understand what you mean. What do you mean by what you wrote? Can you clarify? Thank you.
 
I may have misunderstood, sorry. What are you saying here, exactly? What does the Bible, and/or the Church, teach? You quoted passages from the Catechism (Church teaching) but not the Bible…so I’m not clear as to what you mean. Thanks. I don’t understand what you mean. What do you mean by what you wrote? Can you clarify? Thank you.
What I am trying to clarify is that you are sinning when you are part of another church when knowing that it is wrong. The first passage in my first post proves it. It says that the sins of that individual condemn him or her.

You had first quoted that to be formally part of another church and for it to be a sin was not part of what the church teaches. This thread had always been about what the Bible said. I used quotes from the Bible… To further support what I said I used the catechism to support the biblical passages that I used.

In conclusion, to be formally part of another church when knowing it is wrong or practicing heresy on purpose just to make money is a sin. People who start other churches are sinning and their sins condemn them (bible reference) while people who are presented with the truth and the catholic teachings but reject them can’t be saved according to the catechism. If they cant be saved then it must be because their sins condemn as well. Sins are what prevent you from entering heaven. Still have questions? God bless you.😉
 
You were arguing that to be part of another church and it being a sin was not according to catholic teaching. I referenced the Bible all along. This thread was all about it not being biblical or anti-biblical. In other words, to be against the Bible not the church:

10 If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them. 11 For people like that have turned away from the truth, and their own sins condemn them.

Titus 3:10-11

*10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[c] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose. *

Passage 1 Corinthians 1 :10

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you.

Passage John 17:20-21
 
What I am trying to clarify is that you are sinning when you are part of another church when knowing that it is wrong.
Ok. That is completely different than simply formally belonging to another church which is what you claimed in your first post.
 
Ok. That is completely different than simply formally belonging to another church which is what you claimed in your first post.
Yes, I just forgot to mention the exceptions and to be specific. Thanks for the questions. God bless.🙂
 
You were arguing that to be part of another church and it being a sin was not according to catholic teaching. I referenced the Bible all along.
Your first Biblical reference in your first post had nothing to do with belonging to another Church.

I don’t think any of the Biblical passages you quote refer to belonging to another Church, which is what you claimed in your first post was a sin.
 
Your first Biblical reference in your first post had nothing to do with belonging to another Church.
What does it mean to you then to cause divisions among the church of Christ or the members of Christ? There are many answers to that question. It could be to be seperated from the church, to create fights amoung the church, to have beliefs apart from what other church members have or making your own church and be divided. They key word is to be divided. That is the same as being seperate from the church or for church members to be seperated from one another. Protestants/sectarians are divided or seperated. That is why there are thousands of churches each claiming to have the truth or to have the correct beliefs. If you are divided that means that you belong to another church that is not the Catholic church or are seperated away from it. That also means that you have turned away from the truth, right?😉 What is your definition of being divided among the church of Christ?
I don’t think any of the Biblical passages you quote refer to belonging to another Church, which is what you claimed in your first post was a sin.
Yes they do. You must read carefully and analyze the information correctly. If you are all not united in one thought or purpose as quoted by the second biblical verse then that must mean that you probably belong to another church that has other thoughts and purposes. Now if we are not united in one mind and purpose, then is it biblical to have diferent minds and purposes? In other words, is it alright to have different beliefs in the church and not agree on what the truth really is? The answer is no because the bible clearly says that under the authority of Jesus Christ, to be of one mind. Anything going against the biblical verse then indicates that it’s not biblical. Finally, it was the desire or hope of Jesus that we would all be one according to the last biblical passage. If you are in another church then that means you aren’t one. It’s that simple. To be one is for everyone to belong to the same church and not be divided.🙂

I have already explained how it was a sin to belong to another church. I have gone over it with you many times. I am sorry if you don’t comprehend it.🤷

Take a time to meditate on this biblical passage:

8 Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. 9 I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.

Passage Galatians 1 :8-9

Do the founders of other churches preach the same good news as the apostoles or do they preach something different? The church is based on the apostles teachings. Anyone else who preaches something different than what the apostles preached is cursed. Doesn’t being cursed relate to having sinned?
 
What does it mean to you then to cause divisions among the church of Christ or the members of Christ?
The Biblical passage you cited was written in the first century A.D., right? At that time there was one Christian Church. So it does not refer to belonging to different Christian Churches, it refers to disagreements among Christians who belonged to the same “church.”
Yes they do. You must read carefully and analyze the information correctly.
Again, all the passages you cited were written in the first century A.D.

Right?

Are you claiming there were different Christian churches at that time? The Orthodox and Catholic schism didn’t occur until the 11th century A.D., and the Protestant/Reformed schism wasn’t until the 16th century A.D.

What “other Christian churches” are you referring to that existed in the first century A.D.?
 
The Biblical passage you cited was written in the first century A.D., right? At that time there was one Christian Church. So it does not refer to belonging to different Christian Churches, it refers to disagreements among Christians who belonged to the same “church.”
Exactly. That is my point. If you disagree with that one church other churches can develop. I do agree that the biblical passage was written in the first century but that has nothing to do with what our topic is. Your way of debating is not effective because you drop out previous explanations I gave about how it was a sin to belong to other churches. Other churches exist because their founders had disagreements with the Catholic Church.🙂

If you read the biblical passage carefully, it says that “if someone causes divisions among you,” so that means if anyone ever wanted to seperate from the Catholic Church would be condemned by their sins. In other words, the ‘if’ in the sentence gives us a warning of what would happen if someone ever caused divisions in the first place. If I’m correct, it is in the future tense and not the present tense.
Again, all the passages you cited were written in the first century A.D.
Yes but to be part of those divisions would be to support them and therefore, you are also in sin. Again, dates of when they were written has nothing to do with there not being many churches back then. The point isn’t whether or not there weren’t churches but to avoid any future disagreements, seperations or divisions that would cause the “one” church to be divided.
Are you claiming there were different Christian churches at that time? The Orthodox and Catholic schism didn’t occur until the 11th century A.D., and the Protestant/Reformed schism wasn’t until the 16th century A.D.

What “other Christian churches” are you referring to that existed in the first century A.D.?
No comments. I feel that you are just arguing for the just of it. May God bless you heavily and have a nice day. Questions?👍
 
The bible talks about it various times in the Bible that who is divided will fall and is sinning against the true church of Christ. Satan is the one responsible to have caused divisions in his church that was established on Peter.

10 If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them. 11 For people like that have turned away from the truth, and their own sins condemn them.
Titus 3:10-11

Being a sectarian is to be divided. Therefore, you have turned away from the truth and from the true church of Christ.

10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[c] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.
Passage 1 Corinthians 1 :10

To formally be part of another church is already a sin because the truth and sacraments that the catholic church has is not present there. They are merely doctrines and traditions that men made up as to make money or business. Satan utilized men as to divide the true church of Christ such as Luther the founder of the Angelican church who rebelled against the Catholic church on holloween to later regret it and ask a priest to confess him before he died. Later on, more men became used by Satan and more sectarian religions appeared which branched off from the Catholic Church. They are nothing more but rebellions that were produced by Satan.

Jesus in the begenning always wanted a united church that would be one with him:

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you.
Passage John 17:20-21

We are all supposed to be one and not divided up into 30,000 sectarian religions that are all based or came from the Catholic Church.
that’s how I see it and feel about it

but many nomininally protestant people are not true sectarians but are truly Catholic, and just don’t know it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top