To be a sectarian is anti-biblical

  • Thread starter Thread starter thetruth0flife
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. That is my point. If you disagree with that one church other churches can develop.
There have always been disagreements among Christians. See Acts 15 and Galatians 2. Those passages do not mean there were different Christian churches. Do they?

There have not always been different Christian Churches.

Your original post made a claim about different churches, not disagreements among Christians. Is that right?
 
If you read the biblical passage carefully, it says that “if someone causes divisions among you,” so that means if anyone ever wanted to seperate from the Catholic Church would be condemned by their sins. In other words, the ‘if’ in the sentence gives us a warning of what would happen if someone ever caused divisions in the first place. If I’m correct, it is in the future tense and not the present tense.
You use “Catholic Church” – are you suggesting that the Bible you cite refers to “Catholic Church”? Where?
 
There have always been disagreements among Christians. See Acts 15 and Galatians 2. Those passages do not mean there were different Christian churches. Do they?
I know. But they didnt seperate right? Read the whole context please.
There have not always been different Christian Churches.
This isn’t about whether there is christian churches but of what would happen if the true body of christ ever got seperated. In other words, what would happen to other people. The biblical passages I wrote are different from yours in the sense that mine support the fact that being seperated is not biblical. Yours only support the fact that there didn’t exist any churches back then.
Your original post made a claim about different churches, not disagreements among Christians. Is that right?
My original quote was about disagreements forming among the true church (Catholic Church) and them leading to seperations thus creating other churches. I said that if you were divided you were in sin. If you are divided you are in disagreement.:rolleyes:
 
You use “Catholic Church” – are you suggesting that the Bible you cite refers to “Catholic Church”? Where?
So now you are saying that the Catholic Church isn’t the true church of Christ? The Catholic Church in those times were the apostles since the Catholic Church was established on Peter. You establish a church on people and not a declaration like some protestants claim.

Are you a protestant dressed as a Catholic?:confused:
 
Then I don’t understand what you mean in your original post:

“to formally be part of another church is already a sin”
I will repeat myself over and over again. The biblical passages I quoted supported the fact that it was not biblical to be in another church. To be divided is a sin. To part of those divisions when knowing that it’s not right is also a sin. It’s the same as to support divisions and encouraging them.

This debate is really confusing because you back to the begenning as if I hadn’t explained what I meant before. I will not explain myself anymore. Have a nice day.🙂
 
I know. But they didnt seperate right? Read the whole context please.
To be honest, we don’t know who might have separated following this event. Just like in John 6, with Jesus’ teaching on the Eucharist, clearly many did separate. Yes, nothing is written in Acts 15 or Gal 2 regarding formal separation, but that in no way denies that people may have separated. We simply don’t know. Right?
This isn’t about whether there is christian churches but of what would happen if the true body of christ ever got seperated.
That seems a different thought than you oriiginally posted. Remember, you said “To formally be part of another church is already a sin.” This was not a “what if” claim, was it?
 
I
My original quote was about disagreements forming among the true church (Catholic Church) and them leading to seperations thus creating other churches. I said that if you were divided you were in sin. If you are divided you are in disagreement.:rolleyes:
And your biblical references point to different Christian churches how?
 
So now you are saying that the Catholic Church isn’t the true church of Christ?
No.
The Catholic Church in those times were the apostles since the Catholic Church was established on Peter.
No. Nowhere does the Catholic (or any Christian) Church teach that the Catholic Church in those times were the Apostles. What do you mean by that? What (if any) Church (Magisterial) teaching do you have to support such a claim? Thank you.
 
The bible talks about it various times in the Bible that who is divided will fall and is sinning against the true church of Christ. Satan is the one responsible to have caused divisions in his church that was established on Peter.

10 If people are causing divisions among you, give a first and second warning. After that, have nothing more to do with them. 11 For people like that have turned away from the truth, and their own sins condemn them.
Titus 3:10-11

Being a sectarian is to be divided. Therefore, you have turned away from the truth and from the true church of Christ.

10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[c] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.
Passage 1 Corinthians 1 :10

To formally be part of another church is already a sin because the truth and sacraments that the catholic church has is not present there. They are merely doctrines and traditions that men made up as to make money or business. Satan utilized men as to divide the true church of Christ such as Luther the founder of the Angelican church who rebelled against the Catholic church on holloween to later regret it and ask a priest to confess him before he died. Later on, more men became used by Satan and more sectarian religions appeared which branched off from the Catholic Church. They are nothing more but rebellions that were produced by Satan.

Jesus in the begenning always wanted a united church that would be one with him:

20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you.
Passage John 17:20-21

We are all supposed to be one and not divided up into 30,000 sectarian religions that are all based or came from the Catholic Church.
EL PUEBLO UNIDO JAMAS SERA VENCIDO… "THE CITY UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED,🤷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top