To give or not to give? Advice on donating to Protestant causes?

• Thread starter Thread starter alohacrafter
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alohacrafter

We live in a small town, and an acquaintence of mine emailed me asking for a donation from my husband for a silent auction fundraiser that the school at her church runs, it is 7th Day Adventist. I am so hurt by how anti-Catholic this denomintation is, yet this evening, I went to a Lenten parish mission Mass with a well-known guest priest, and the topic of the homily was forgiveness. I feel compelled to donate to keep the peace, however, I do feel compelled to offer the donation as a token of my forgiveness of how blatantly anti-Catholic that faith is. Keep in mind, that my husband is not even Catholic at this point, and he really has no clue about how blatantly anti-Catholic this faith is. I mentioned how anti-Catholic 7th Day Adventists are, and he left it to me to decide. My husband works in a dental practice for children, and many of the students of this school live in the community, Also, he is friends/colleagues with her husband, and both she and her husband are doctors and influential in the community and influence the decisions of parents/have the potential to steer patients away from my husband and his work (he is not an owner of the practive yet). Any advice and prayers are greatly appreciated as I really do poorly with confrontation. Thank you and God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back