To validly recieve Holy Orders do you have to be confirmed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NFrancis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NFrancis

Guest
I’m just wondering if you have to be confirmed to validly receive Holy Orders. I’m guessing that a person receiving holy orders must be confirmed in order for the sacrament to be valid, but want to make sure.
 
Can. 1033 A person is promoted licitly to orders only if he has received the sacrament of confirmation.
It would be illicit (against law) to ordain a man who isn’t confirmed. Valid/invalid is different from that. It would not be invalid, as far as I know. I think it would be unlikely to happen, though, given the preparation and vetting of candidates (for ordination).
 
I’m just wondering if you have to be confirmed to validly receive Holy Orders. I’m guessing that a person receiving holy orders must be confirmed in order for the sacrament to be valid, but want to make sure.
Before even one is admitted to the seminary, baptism and confirmation certificates are required to make sure these sacraments have been fulfilled.
 
It would be valid but illicit.

Only a baptized male validly receives sacred orders.

As stated above, it would be nearly impossible in the modern era – no man is admitted to diaconate formation or a seminary without copies of his baptismal records; which include notations about confirmation (and matrimony, if he is married).

God bless,
 
Some priest told us many years ago of a case where a bishop was being consecrated [as it was called at that time]. One of the old ladies commented that she remembered his baptism. She related that it was an emergency baptism at the time of his birth and they had had no water at hand; so they baptized him with milk. :eek:

That added a couple of steps to the ceremony while they baptized and confirmed him.

I think it was true, but have no other details.
 
You need one plus, You will have a series of meetings with the Vocations Director and will visit the seminary to meet people out there as well. You will go through several in-depth interviews and will write your life history. You will be asked to get recommendation letters from priests, pastors, friends, co-workers, teachers and guidance counselors. You will complete a series of psychological tests. You will fill out application forms and supply the vocations office with high school and college transcripts, as well as baptismal and confirmation certificates, college board tests (ACT or SAT) and a medical/physical form. The diocese performs a background check and the seminary admissions committee reviews your application and determines if you will be accepted or not.

Needless to say that the requirements to run for office of the President is easier than to enter the seminary.
 

If you likedHow I Met Your Mother DVD the first two seasons, you can enjoy it too. Do not start it back up and start at the beginning of the first season. You’ll not only understand the relationship better, but will triple your viewing pleasure. Great show to a large price.You how Prison Break DVDsome shows lose what makes them charming back early as time passes? Fortunately, this does not look like any moment it will happen soon in HIMYM. This season is fantastic - index is finally given the identity of the mother and the storyThe Tribe DVD unfolds. Barney’s character in particular is growing so much and it’s great to see NPH doing better and better in each set includes episode.This each episode of the fifth season of the popular CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother, a seriesThe Office DVD performances that included appearances by celebrities such as Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Lopez and Amanda Peet.I saw the first season of the library, and my husband saw a television.And he said we need to buy this. It’s so fun to watch and a machine to smile now. It is not onlyThe Sopranos DVD about Ted and his dating is a comedy about life, love, and research. With many many AWESOME.funny moments. I can not wait for the rest!​

Buy Cheap DVD
How I Met Your Mother DVD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top