Today's Plenary Indulgence

• Thread starter Thread starter JGheen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
netmil(name removed by moderator):
Confession is good for the soul, mortal or venial sins.
I asked my Pastor what I should say if I am not in a state of mortal sin but want to make the requirement of Sacramental Confession.
He told me to say just that, I am here to make the requirement of Sacramental Confession for the Plenary Indulgence.
Simple enough!
That’s it? One doesn’t actually have to say more than that? It sounds a bit like punching a ticket, somehow.

40.png
katy:
That’s it? One doesn’t actually have to say more than that? It sounds a bit like punching a ticket, somehow.
Also confess the venial sins that have already been forgiven at Mass. It’s not “useles”, for the sacramental grace will strengthen us in our struggle against those sins. You may also want to mention any habitual sins of your past so as to recognize your weakness and gain strength against their return as well.

So, let me see if I get this right: you go to confession afterwards (not beforehand), right?

netmil(name removed by moderator):
Confession is good for the soul, mortal or venial sins.
I asked my Pastor what I should say if I am not in a state of mortal sin but want to make the requirement of Sacramental Confession.
He told me to say just that, I am here to make the requirement of Sacramental Confession for the Plenary Indulgence.
Simple enough!
Doesn’t make sense to me. I understand having to be in a state of grace to be able to receive Communion and the Plenary Indulgence but if you are already in a state of grace what is the reason for the requirement? All I see is that the Confession lines will be blocked up by people who are already in a state of grace and so preventing people who are in a state of mortal sin from confessing!

this is very good new for me 🙂 our priest was out of town and so there was no mass here yesterday I still went to the church to say a rosary though hoping now that this will count if i go to confession and communion on sunday

40.png
JGheen:
Is your husband a deacon?
Yes. He’s assigned to St. Frances Cabrini in Allen Park, but helps out several other priests in the area. What parish are you in?

Me and my wife went to Mass last night and today , even though we are snowed in, I feel really good about it. It was a good thing to pertake in this for us. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back