Too bad that a child must die so that you can live as you choose

• Thread starter Thread starter swampfox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swampfox

polipundit.com/

In response to one of yesterday’s posts – on an article about the abortion debate, penned by Cal Thomas – one of this blog’s readers anonymously posted these thoughts:

I didn’t speak to Cal, but I am one of his hundreds. 27 years ago I was one of those 40 million (I was a liberal then) – it wasn’t discussed as a choice then, it was considered what you were suppose to do. You no longer had to shut yourself away in a unwed mothers home for 4/5 months.

I was never told that I would regret that decision for the rest of my life. Some days with great pain. No one told me that it would increase my chances of infertility, endometriosis, and other medical problems. All the abortionists wanted was their $$$$$. No choices explained, no counseling, no sonogram to tell me I was carrying twins — until later when they counted arms and legs — no telling me that they would be able to count arms and legs. It was just tissue that they would remove.

Roughly 110 million women in the US are over age 17 (I know girls younger than 17 have abortions), but that makes at least 40 million abortions out of 110 million persons. While many women have luckily not had even one, sadly I know one women who had 5 by the age of 25. I wonder how many of those 40 million women feel as I do? I know there are many, many of us who never discuss this topic.

The best bumper sticker I have seen is: ‘Too bad that a child must die so that you can live as you choose.’

We, male and female, live in a selfish, self-centered world. Too often concerned with our own pleasure and interests. Some of us discover too late the burden of our selfishness.

Now I count the years — today you would have your drivers license, today you would be graduating from high school, today you would finish college, first steps, first tooth, first lost tooth — and all the wonder and promise of another human being.

Or the more selfish thoughts: last week you would have come home for Christmas, and there might have been grandchildren opening presents from Santa, happy little faces filled with joy. There would have been hugs and kisses and happy moments instead of my empty home. Selfishness has consequences that last not just your own lifetime.

Thank God for his grace that surpasses all understanding.

For obvious reasons, you will not – repeat: not – observe a similar set of viewpoints in the New York Times’ “Letters to Editor” Section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back