Too young for CatholicMatch.com?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reed987
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reed987

Guest
I’ve noticed that Catholic Match is discussed pretty often on this forum. Personally, I haven’t had the greatest experience on it.
I first heard about it when I was a senior in high school (I must have been 17,) I thought it sounded nice, and when I was a freshman in college (I must have been 18) I decided one day to look into it. I signed up for an account and, being somewhat cautious, I signed up for a one month subscription. I got on and found that there were very few people in my age range (I think 18 is actually the youngest age they accept.) Anyway, I think I only ever actually communicated with one young lady, which was really just a few messages back and forth on remedial and uninteresting basics (I don’t even recall what we talked about.) Anyway, when the subscription ran out I never renewed it and have had a sour opinion about it ever since. I vowed never to (excuse me) “waste” my money on something so uneffective again.

However, looking back I wonder if the problem was just that I was too young (18). Is the site geared more towards a somewhat older generation (the mid twenties, thirties, forties crowd?) In all fairness, at 18 I was probably way too young for the site anyway.
 
Yea those dating sites are for people at least 30 and up. Personally, I don’t trust any internet dating site except EHarmony (I know some people that it’s worked for).
 
Not that many 18 year olds are looking for a serious Catholic relationship leading to marriage.

I think a site such as Catholic Match and/or Ave Maria Singles is for something more like those in their 20s and up. Probably the after college crowd.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top