D
D0UBTFIRE
Guest
Okay…so straight to the point.
Firstly, I was told that a nuptial mass does not include all the parts of a mass that we celebrate on Sunday. Is this true? The music director’s office told me no Gloria and Kyrie, but yes to the Sanctus and yes to Agnus Dei.
I love Gregorian Chant but the music director’s office told me it’s generally a 4 part harmony. Is this true? Can one person sing the melody and it still sound nice? I would really like to incorporate Gregorian Chant into the wedding without breaking the bank.
So here’s what already in my brain, but I don’t have all the specifics, which is what I need help with:
Prelude: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Instrumental)
Seating of the mothers: Ave Maria (in Latin)
Processional: Trumpet Voluntary (this is secular, right?)
Responsorial Psalm: (Having a really hard time here…don’t know where to start!)
Sanctus sung in Latin but which version??
Agnus Dei sung in Latin but which version??
Communion: Panis Angelicus (in Latin)
Recessional: Would “The Entrance to the Queen of Sheba” be to weird?
I highlighted in red the ones that I don’t know where to find the music for…my church may have it…but there seem to be many versions so how would I choose??
Am I missing any parts where music is required?
Suggestions???
Thanks!!!
Firstly, I was told that a nuptial mass does not include all the parts of a mass that we celebrate on Sunday. Is this true? The music director’s office told me no Gloria and Kyrie, but yes to the Sanctus and yes to Agnus Dei.
I love Gregorian Chant but the music director’s office told me it’s generally a 4 part harmony. Is this true? Can one person sing the melody and it still sound nice? I would really like to incorporate Gregorian Chant into the wedding without breaking the bank.
So here’s what already in my brain, but I don’t have all the specifics, which is what I need help with:
Prelude: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring (Instrumental)
Code:
Air on the G string (Instrumental....but I feel it's too secular?)
Processional: Trumpet Voluntary (this is secular, right?)
Responsorial Psalm: (Having a really hard time here…don’t know where to start!)
Sanctus sung in Latin but which version??
Agnus Dei sung in Latin but which version??
Communion: Panis Angelicus (in Latin)
Recessional: Would “The Entrance to the Queen of Sheba” be to weird?
I highlighted in red the ones that I don’t know where to find the music for…my church may have it…but there seem to be many versions so how would I choose??
Am I missing any parts where music is required?
Suggestions???
Thanks!!!