T
traillius
Guest
an oft quoted verse used against the Catholic Church is the one saying " do not follow traditions of men " or words to that effect. I can’t remember, it might be in the first or second letter to timothy. In the case where this is used against catholicism, its done so in a hypocritical way. All christian churches have some traditions of men(humans) that they keep observing. Sing christmas carols in December? you’re observing a tradition of men, since the bible doesn’t command, or give examples of, people singing christmas carols. This is but one example among many.( and in fact this one is fascetious, because christmas carols aren’t evil, unless the words are changed somehow) I am certainly no less a sinner than other people. But I expect when one uses sacred scripture they should at least try to appear as if they are being consistent. Rejecting catholicism because of "traditions of men " while still following other "traditions of men " seems extremely disingenuous, and in fact, is both biblically and logically unsound.