Traveling in France

  • Thread starter Thread starter bakaten
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bakaten

Guest
Dear all, sorry if this is not the right section to ask 🙂

I’m going to have a conference in France around the first week of July , so I’m thinking of visiting Lourdes, Lisieux and Nevers, starting from Paris July 9.

Anyone got any suggestion on how many days I should spend on each location, which accommodation are around there and what activities are recommended?

Also is it possible to request third class relic of St Therese while I’m in Lisieux? She is one of my favorite saint. 😃

Thanks for your help 👍
 
It depends how long you would like to spend in each place, as for the accommodation we always use booking.com as there are always cheap hotels around all over Europe, sometimes it is an upmarket bed & breakfast.

Not sure about the relic.
 
How many days have you available? (Time and money-wise).

Divide that into the three places. Allow roughly a half-day or night for travel between them, as you will be crossing the length of France, presumably by rail.

Third-class Relics are easily obtained, as these are no more than ordinary objects that have been touched to a first or second-class relic. Lisiuex will have gift shops or bookstores where such are available at nominal cost.

ICXC NIKA.
 
I’ve been to all four, Paris, Lourdes, Nevers and Lisieux, with a small tour group.

If you’re driving yourself or have direct transportation to each, Nevers and Lisieux, you can visit each for a day while still staying in Paris. We were able to get to those places, visit the sites, attend Mass and even have lunch.

Also, Paris has the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal at 140 Rue du Bac, where the incorrupt body of St Catherine Laboure is. St Vincent De Paul is also there and you can attend Mass as well in the chapel. Then there is the basilica Sacré-Cœur. If you go to Sacré-Cœur, you don’t want to miss seeing the artist colony at Montmartre, which is next door. Both of these involve a day to visit.

Lourdes however, you’ll want to fly to Pau or Tarbes and then get transportation to Lourdes.

You should plan on spending at least two days in Lourdes and allow a third day for travel to there.

God bless and let us know how you make out.

Jim
 
I’m thinking of spending around 5-7 days. My budget is around €2000-€2500.
I’ll try to contact their information center as well. I’ve seen on their website that they might be able to help organize a schedule for individual pilgrimage 😃

Anyone have ever stay in the pilgrimage house in Lisieux or Navers?

Thanks for the advices.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top