Travelling and prayer routine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greenfields
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenfields

Guest
Thinking back to last Lent when I travelled overseas…I had good intentions to try and keep to my prayer ruitine,extra visits to the church ,try and do the Stations of the Cross…but somehow didn’t/couldn’t follow most
of what I was keen to do through.Staying with non practicing Catholics and not having transport Easter came and I felt I hadn’t prepared enough.I offered up the frustration …but still. Concentration seemed harder,to keep spiritually connected with the chopping and changing of plans day to day.
If I had had time alone to spend in the church I would have recharged and found the peace and connection I’d been looking for being in the presence of Our Lord.
If you are going to be travelling how do you prepare to keep to your prayer routine ? Do you have some good tried and tested tips to pass on?
 
I do okay if I travel by myself, because I can incorporate pretty churches into my prayer routine and such.
I no longer would stay with a non-believer in a place where I couldn’t get around on my own/ no public transport. Made that mistake once staying with an atheist over Christmas. The person got affronted when I asked if it would be possible to go to Christmas Mass. I let it drop because the weather situation was such that it might have been a hazard due to snow and ice also, but I am still ticked off that someone would have a house guest and then be disrespectful about their religious belief.

My biggest problem traveling is when I am traveling with people, including on a pilgrimage, who see prayer as a chore and just want to get it overwith so they can booze it up, shop and complain about Donald Trump…I have a hard time remaining charitable with some of the antics that go on. I travel by myself a great deal of the time but it is not always possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top