T
thinkandmull
Guest
Someone told me that the Bible says that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown, and that the Pope has a triple crown. Is this true?
The Bible does not say that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown. They have been reading fringe conspiracy on the Internet, not the Bible.Someone told me that the Bible says that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown, and that the Pope has a triple crown. Is this true?
If anyone tells you things like that ask them to give you the book, chapter and verse in the Bible that supports their claim otherwise ignore them.Someone told me that the Bible says that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown, and that the Pope has a triple crown. Is this true?
I am not sure, but possibly the three crowns represent the threefold mission that the Pope has to teach, to rule, and to sanctify. This is because as Christ’s Vicar he carries on that threefold mission of our Savior.The popes did wear a triple tiara from about the 8th century until 1963.
Don’t believe all you hear check it out first on Catholic Answers, on any Catholic Website, as you have some very unchristian Protestants out there that will say anything against the Catholic Church, but you might notice you never hear the Catholic Church giving out about the thousands of different denominations out there all teaching different things, not one of them can agree with each other, as they are there own Pope with there own slant on the Bible.Someone told me that the Bible says that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown, and that the Pope has a triple crown. Is this true?
Bravo. :clapping: Wonderful answer!I am not sure, but possibly the three crowns represent the threefold mission that the Pope has to teach, to rule, and to sanctify. This is because as Christ’s Vicar he carries on that threefold mission of our Savior.
1. To teach, -truth
see Mark 1:38 which depicts His role as the Prophet; See Bible
2. To rule, - way
see Revelation 17:14depicting Him as the King of Kings;
3. To Sanctify, - life
see Hebrews 5-10 especially 7:21- 8:6 depicting His role as the High Priest.
Read more on Jesus’ role as Priest Prophet and King.
Read more on how the Catholic Church, all of by our baptism, now take on these three roles as Priest, Prophet and King.
Sadly, Protestants seem to lose out on all three aspects. Because of Sola Scriptura, Bible Alone, each person becomes his own Pope. No one can rule. There is no one who consistent with their own theology can infallibly teach. That is, no one can say this is infallibly right or wrong, no one can infallibly say these four Gospels belong in the Bible, etc. Without all Seven Sacraments they find it very difficult to lead people into holiness.
Consider the following quotes:
“Sin cannot tear you away from him [Christ], even though you commit adultery a hundred times a day and commit as many murders.”
[Martin Luther, letter to Melanchton, Aug. 1, 1521]
Amy Grant Lyrics for
I HAVE DECIDED LYRICS
“I have decided,Of course, on our own we are not able, but with the power of Christ, with His Seven Sacraments we can and do grow in holiness.
I’m gonna live like a believer,
Turn my back on the deceiver,
…
Being good is just a fable,
I just can’t ’cause I’m not able.”
Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” KJV
Of course, the anti-christ will try to set up a false image of Jesus, but by rejecting the threefold mission of the Catholic Church the Protestants end up making impotent the threefold mission of Jesus Christ.
NO one to rule : 32,000 different denominations as opposed to Jesus’ one church.
No one to teach, or to infallible declare which books belong in the Bible, or to infallibly declare the true path to heaven.
NO one to sanctify, and to make us holy. Unlike Humanae Vitae, consider how every major Protestant denomination has caved in on abortion as well.
.
I interested in what you said about holiness. If the sacraments are real, shouldn’t Catholics be the best people around? Is this really true?I am not sure, but possibly the three crowns represent the threefold mission that the Pope has to teach, to rule, and to sanctify. This is because as Christ’s Vicar he carries on that threefold mission of our Savior.
1. To teach, -truth
see Mark 1:38 which depicts His role as the Prophet; See Bible
2. To rule, - way
see Revelation 17:14depicting Him as the King of Kings;
3. To Sanctify, - life
see Hebrews 5-10 especially 7:21- 8:6 depicting His role as the High Priest.
Read more on Jesus’ role as Priest Prophet and King.
Read more on how the Catholic Church, all of by our baptism, now take on these three roles as Priest, Prophet and King.
Sadly, Protestants seem to lose out on all three aspects. Because of Sola Scriptura, Bible Alone, each person becomes his own Pope. No one can rule. There is no one who consistent with their own theology can infallibly teach. That is, no one can say this is infallibly right or wrong, no one can infallibly say these four Gospels belong in the Bible, etc. Without all Seven Sacraments they find it very difficult to lead people into holiness.
Consider the following quotes:
“Sin cannot tear you away from him [Christ], even though you commit adultery a hundred times a day and commit as many murders.”
[Martin Luther, letter to Melanchton, Aug. 1, 1521]
Amy Grant Lyrics for
I HAVE DECIDED LYRICS
“I have decided,Of course, on our own we are not able, but with the power of Christ, with His Seven Sacraments we can and do grow in holiness.
I’m gonna live like a believer,
Turn my back on the deceiver,
…
Being good is just a fable,
I just can’t ’cause I’m not able.”
Philippians 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” KJV
Of course, the anti-christ will try to set up a false image of Jesus, but by rejecting the threefold mission of the Catholic Church the Protestants end up making impotent the threefold mission of Jesus Christ.
NO one to rule : 32,000 different denominations as opposed to Jesus’ one church.
No one to teach, or to infallible declare which books belong in the Bible, or to infallibly declare the true path to heaven.
NO one to sanctify, and to make us holy. Unlike Humanae Vitae, consider how every major Protestant denomination has caved in on abortion as well.
.
I chose to start a new thread with that question. SeeI interested in what you said about holiness. If the sacraments are real, shouldn’t Catholics be the best people around? Is this really true?
Well, clearly the Pope is the Antichrist: who else would go around preaching love, compassion, self-sacrifice, responsibility to others …Someone told me that the Bible says that the anti-Christ will have a triple crown, and that the Pope has a triple crown. Is this true?
What’s the difference between a diadem and a crown?The breast and dragon do not have crowns in the Book of Revelation. They beast and the dragon each had numerous horns and diadems but no crowns. \
Well, from the perspective of a Philadelphia fan, Mickey Mantle played for theHmm… Secrateriat, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, and Carl Yaztremski have triple crowns also. Are any of THEM the antichrist?
Hmm… Secrateriat, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, and Carl Yaztremski have triple crowns also. Are any of THEM the antichrist?
I was talking to my wife just last night about this thread and my post; and how NOBODY had anything to say about it… :bighanky:Well, from the perspective of a Philadelphia fan, Mickey Mantle played for theYankees
, so…
Jon
Only for those who wagered against him…I was talking to my wife just last night about this thread and my post; and how NOBODY had anything to say about it… :bighanky:
Thank you for recognizing my humor in all of this. Theology is a VERY serious thing. The MOST serious thing; but I think that when confronted with outlandish and nonsensical claims and accusations; a little humor can keep things in perspective.
All of the other respondants gave great answers; but my inner Boston smart-aleck could not resist.
I am a HUGE Boston Red Sox fan as I’m sure you know, Jon; and I promise you that if the antichrist WERE a baseball player; he would either be a New York Yankee (some in these parts thought George Steinbrenner could have been him); OR an amazingly successfu player who is SO talented, that he singlehandedly gets the Chicago Cubs off the dung-heap and turns them into a baseball dynasty greater than the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, and Dodgers COMBINED.
On that note… is THIS the antichrist???
This is what a diadem is.What’s the difference between a diadem and a crown?