E
Edy
Guest
I love my mother. Growing up I never had issues with the way she was raising me, although everyone around me did. Neglect and physical abuse were normal to me.
I’m the oldest of 6. I practically raised 3 of my younger siblings. Recently the second oldest of us touched on the issues he’s been through. His partner describes the same difficulties that my partner does, with having to sacrifice time as a teenager, to raise younger siblings. This lead me to revisit my feelings on growing up.
I hate that I never had time to be a teenager, to grow and to have freedom, among other things. I feel the Lord urging me to find forgiveness. I like to pretend that it’s too difficult to forgive but I think there is a part of me that doesn’t want to. When I take the time to find forgiveness on certain situations, I’m flooded with a batch of other memories that I’m not happy about.
Forgive us our trespassers as we forgive those who trespass against us.
I feel like I don’t want to forgive. But at the same time there are things I want my children to forgive me for. I’m a hypocrite in that respect.
Ultimately I want to know if there’s some simple steps to finding forgiveness when in this situation.
I’m the oldest of 6. I practically raised 3 of my younger siblings. Recently the second oldest of us touched on the issues he’s been through. His partner describes the same difficulties that my partner does, with having to sacrifice time as a teenager, to raise younger siblings. This lead me to revisit my feelings on growing up.
I hate that I never had time to be a teenager, to grow and to have freedom, among other things. I feel the Lord urging me to find forgiveness. I like to pretend that it’s too difficult to forgive but I think there is a part of me that doesn’t want to. When I take the time to find forgiveness on certain situations, I’m flooded with a batch of other memories that I’m not happy about.
Forgive us our trespassers as we forgive those who trespass against us.
I feel like I don’t want to forgive. But at the same time there are things I want my children to forgive me for. I’m a hypocrite in that respect.
Ultimately I want to know if there’s some simple steps to finding forgiveness when in this situation.