M
Monica4316
Guest
Hi everyone 
I was thinking about this today…
when I read about the Saints, I can see that they had difficult lives and suffered a lot both physically and emotionally and spiritually… and they really understood all that is wrong in the world and could recognize evil better than we often can…
and yet, they all had this peace and joy, they tried to see the goodness in people and they were kind and not harsh… they didn’t separate love from truth. Both were part of their faith.
Do you think that true holiness includes joy? I don’t mean not suffering…if we want to be holy, we will suffer. And I don’t mean constantly feeling happy: that’s not possible on earth. I’m not talking about happiness, but about joy…
when I read about St Therese, I’m sure she understood the evil in the world and I know she suffered a lot, and yet her book is so full of light and goodness and innocence, she was like a little child, and saw only good things around her…
I think that is a big part of holiness …IMO…
what do you think?
God bless
I was thinking about this today…
when I read about the Saints, I can see that they had difficult lives and suffered a lot both physically and emotionally and spiritually… and they really understood all that is wrong in the world and could recognize evil better than we often can…
and yet, they all had this peace and joy, they tried to see the goodness in people and they were kind and not harsh… they didn’t separate love from truth. Both were part of their faith.
Do you think that true holiness includes joy? I don’t mean not suffering…if we want to be holy, we will suffer. And I don’t mean constantly feeling happy: that’s not possible on earth. I’m not talking about happiness, but about joy…
when I read about St Therese, I’m sure she understood the evil in the world and I know she suffered a lot, and yet her book is so full of light and goodness and innocence, she was like a little child, and saw only good things around her…
I think that is a big part of holiness …IMO…
what do you think?
God bless