Trump calls off covid relief talks

• Thread starter Thread starter puer.dei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the DOW does a 600 point reversal.
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

it was just on fox “news”. trump said it has to wait until after the election…

Trump probably realized that the Senate Republicans would never agree on anything. It is the differences among Republicans that has held up relief, the Democrats do not have anything to do with it.

Oh, this hurts me and others I know who desperately need help.

Why, why oh why are they so caught up into their politics that they cannot see HOW MANY OF US ARE HURTING OUT HERE???

Do we have other sources?
Got search engine?
Even Breitbart has it. Fox Noise has it. USA Today has it. My local one-city news stations have it.

Last edited:
Of course, perhaps he realized negotiations were going nowhere.

Has anyone looked at what the democrats wanted?
40.png
House Democrats’ stimulus bill includes stimulus checks for illegal immigrants, protections from deportations World News
article A stimulus package proposed by Democrats in the House of Representatives includes a number of items that will benefit illegal immigrants – including an expansion of stimulus checks and protections from deportations for illegal immigrants in certain “essential” jobs. The $2.2 trillion bill includes language that allows some illegal immigrants – who are “engaged in essential critical infrastructure labor or services in the United States” – to be placed into “a period of deferred action…

tweeted
“I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election when, immediately after I win, we will pass a major Stimulus Bill that focuses on hardworking Americans and Small Business,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets Tuesday afternoon.
Trying to Bribe the voters again.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, a Republican up for reelection in one of the tightest races this cycle, called the decision to end talks a “huge mistake” and said in a statement that she had been in touch with Mnuchin.

And GOP Rep. John Katko, a New York lawmaker who represents a swing district, responded to the news in a tweet saying, "I disagree with the President. With lives at stake, we cannot afford to stop negotiations on a relief package," and adding, “I strongly urge the President to rethink this move.”

That doesn’t sound like a negotiation. That sounds like a command.

Politically, it was a stupid move. Before, the Republicans could say “look, we’re trying, Pelosi won’t cooperate.” Now, it’s on him – he cancelled the talks, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back