Trump to hold 14 rallies in final three days of campaign (Sunday - Five Rallies in Five States)

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where is everyone on Tuesday? From the Hill…
President Trump will hold five rallies for a second straight day. He will start the day with an event in Fayetteville, N.C., followed by rallies in Scranton, Pa., Traverse City, Mich., Kenosha, Wis., and Grand Rapids, Mich.

Vice President Mike Pence will be in three states.
He will begin the day in Pennsylvania, followed by a stop in Wisconsin. Pence will finish the day in Michigan, where he will join Trump at his rally.
And the Biden campaign…
The Biden campaign is putting most of its focus on Pennsylvania on Monday. The former vice president will hold events in the Keystone State, but he will also travel to Cleveland to make a final push in Ohio.

Democratic vice presidential candidate Kamala Harris will hold events in Pennsylvania to mobilize voters.

As a historical note, I think McCain held as many rallies across the country in the last few days against Obama.

Seriously doubt they were anything close to the crowds PresidentvTrump draws.More likely they resembled the Biden rallies of ten people😜

Last edited:
For Butte, PA the estimated crowd including those on the streets I believe was 110,000 which is a great number.

Last edited:
During a pandemic that’s seeing 7,000 new dead per week, how is it prudent to have rallies with few masks and little social distancing?

One would have hoped catching COVID would have made him more sensitive to the plight others are facing.

Nope. He even got to go bye-bye and wave to his fans.

He complains that there is news coverage of Covid.

Last edited:
I wish I had that much energy. That’s a lot of traveling for the President.

During a pandemic that’s seeing 7,000 new dead per week, how is it prudent to have rallies with few masks and little social distancing?
😦

I feel like the USA has given up on minimizing COVID-19 fatalities.
One would have hoped to catching COVID would have made him more sensitive to the plight others are facing.
I had hoped such myself. That hope has been completely dashed to pieces.

His rallies are about the size of the George Floyd protests in June and I didn’t see massive numbers of people getting COVID at those, so I’m guessing it won’t happen now either.

Last edited:
His rallies are about the size of the George Floyd protests in June and I didn’t see massive numbers of people getting COVID at those, so I’m guessing it won’t happen now either.
I don’t know, in much of the footage that I saw then people were wearing masks, which may make a difference.

We saw a spike in Whitehouse infections after the nomination of the most recent justice. Though that event had both indoor and outdoor portions, which doesn’t make it a perfect match for spread in an outdoor event.

Someone pointed out this old speech to me from back in 2014.
President Obama:
December 2, 2014

"There may and likely will come a time in which we have both an airborne disease that is deadly. And in order for us to deal with that effectively, we have to put in place an infrastructure – not just here at home, but globally – that allows us to see it quickly, isolate it quickly, respond to it quickly. And it also requires us to continue the same path of basic research that is being done here at NIH
that Nancy is a great example of.

So that if and when a new strain of flu, like the Spanish flu, crops up five years from now or a decade from now, we’ve made the investment and we’re further along to be able to catch it. It is a smart investment for us to make.

Now, I have to say I’ve been very encouraged so far by the bipartisan support in our various visits with members of Congress. For the most part, people have recognized this is not a Democratic issue or a Republican issue – it’s about the safety and security of the American people.

So let’s get it done.

This can get caught up in normal politics – we need to protect the American people. And we need to show the world how American leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back