Trump vetoes massive defense bill despite overwhelming GOP support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Veto of Covid/Stimulus package.

Last edited:
Yep. He’s having a tantrum and wants to burn it all down on his way out.

He already vetoed it. The House votes to overide him Monday and the Senate hands The Donald his next loss when they vote Tuesday.

They were locked and loaded anticipating Trump would do this. Trump will get to see who’s the most powerful ( non judicial) man in Washington really is.

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

I thought he was going to try again next time.

Last edited:
GOP Members, remember, if a vote comes up to override the veto keep in mind that your test for being a “True Republican” is loyalty to Trump. If you vote to override, then you are a RINO!

This is not expressive of my belief. Nevertheless, I’d bet this is the viewpoint of someone out there, which I think is ridiculous!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/28/politics/veto-override-vote-ndaa-congress/index.html
The bill initially passed both the House and Senate with veto-proof majorities, but amid Trump’s continued opposition, it had been unclear if the override attempt would be successful or if the veto would be sustained. *The vote forced Republican lawmakers to choose between loyalty to the President and legislation that sets defense policy for the country.
And that is very upbeat and positive. Our Military hopefully will not face a shutdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back