T
Thomas_Jennings
Guest
…and hence more than a finite Earth can provide. How to without sounding ‘greedy’? …Or maybe it is just greed!
I can’t simply say, ‘Earth’s joys are not good enough’ as, though it has a truth, it seems to ‘down play’ their value. And, anyway, that does not explain the need for a literally immeasurable degree of enjoyment/happiness (I don’t mean infinite in a hyperbole sense)…yet the need, I feel, is real.
It’s where, even during periods as a utter atheist, I find it hard to explain the need we creatures seem (to me) to have.
Nothing less than infinitely endless joy/fulfillment of the World’s good things, seems a good goal to me. Not even ‘a huge amount’ of happiness or ‘happiness beyond that we yet know’.
Like I said, maybe it is just greed but I’m sure I’ve read philosophers chasing the same need as I have. Just don’t know how to justify it!
I can’t simply say, ‘Earth’s joys are not good enough’ as, though it has a truth, it seems to ‘down play’ their value. And, anyway, that does not explain the need for a literally immeasurable degree of enjoyment/happiness (I don’t mean infinite in a hyperbole sense)…yet the need, I feel, is real.
It’s where, even during periods as a utter atheist, I find it hard to explain the need we creatures seem (to me) to have.
Nothing less than infinitely endless joy/fulfillment of the World’s good things, seems a good goal to me. Not even ‘a huge amount’ of happiness or ‘happiness beyond that we yet know’.
Like I said, maybe it is just greed but I’m sure I’ve read philosophers chasing the same need as I have. Just don’t know how to justify it!