S
smc
Guest
Hello everyone.
So, yeah, I’m trying the impossible. I’m trying to explain to my girlfriend that I have had a conversion of heart and want to make our heretofore sexual relationship pure. She ain’t Catholic and it went as well as you think it would. It was a disaster.
“I feel so rejected and used.” “This is the worst I’ve EVER felt in a relationship.” And the one that I can’t argue … “You should have told me that to start with.” All my attempts at trying to explain that I am trying to give her more and not less are met with sarcasm and dismissals. I AM at fault. This is not me trying to ‘blame’ her. She is right in that I didn’t state it (purity) at all.
I can either go with the flow in the relationship and have a relationship with God that’s really lacking. Or, I can stick to my guns and, most likely, have the relationship with her end and feel like crap (which I probably should).
Is that how y’all see it? I’ll take any and all wisdom. Again, I truly am at fault and, as the guy, have said typical “female” lines (respect the relationship, I want more, trust me, etc.). Thank you everyone.
So, yeah, I’m trying the impossible. I’m trying to explain to my girlfriend that I have had a conversion of heart and want to make our heretofore sexual relationship pure. She ain’t Catholic and it went as well as you think it would. It was a disaster.
“I feel so rejected and used.” “This is the worst I’ve EVER felt in a relationship.” And the one that I can’t argue … “You should have told me that to start with.” All my attempts at trying to explain that I am trying to give her more and not less are met with sarcasm and dismissals. I AM at fault. This is not me trying to ‘blame’ her. She is right in that I didn’t state it (purity) at all.
I can either go with the flow in the relationship and have a relationship with God that’s really lacking. Or, I can stick to my guns and, most likely, have the relationship with her end and feel like crap (which I probably should).
Is that how y’all see it? I’ll take any and all wisdom. Again, I truly am at fault and, as the guy, have said typical “female” lines (respect the relationship, I want more, trust me, etc.). Thank you everyone.