TV Streaming Free Trials

  • Thread starter Thread starter tsnfan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tsnfan

Guest
I was thinking about signing up for a free trial just to watch a sporting event that is once a year. Is there anything wrong morally with this situation. I generally do not sign up for free trials. I would assume the companies understand that people will sign up for free trials just to see an event.
 
The company offered the free trial with the hope that you might subscribe to their product. I see nothing wrong with accepting a free trial.
 
I’m doing it right now so I can watch the World Cup on Hulu.

The point of a trial is to wet your appetite. They already know that these trials will often be used in instances when a person really wants to see something temporarily. There’s a small chance the person will change their mind and decide to keep the service, which is why the trial is offered.
 
Last edited:
That is the reason FOR free trials, so you can watch shows and they hope you will like it enough to stick around.
 
I also take free food samples at Costco without buying the product. Except that sometimes I do buy it.
 
I’m doing it right now so I can watch the World Cup on Hulu.
Do you mean the FIFA Women’s World Cup or the ICC Cricket World Cup, they’re both running at the moment.

As for the OP, companies accept that people may not sign up after a free trial, nothing wrong with taking advantage of an offer
 
I recently used a free trial to watch a miniseries I was interested in.

It’s fine. They are giving it to you as a promotion. You aren’t stealing it.
 
Do you mean the one with former colony know as the United States? Or the one with the not a former colony called Afghanistan?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top