Twitter Bans Bannon, Allows Kathy Griffin To Repost Bloody Trump Head

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gam197

This is the post that Steven Bannon made about Dr. Fauci and Chris Wray. He spoke about the election and Trump.
“I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England, I’d put the heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats.”
What’s interesting is that Bannon said what he said on his own show, not via a specific Tweet. Griffin’s ghastly image was shared roundly on social media then, and now.
It is concerning that while Steve Bannon is permanently banned, from Twitter, nothing happened to Kathy Griffin.
This week, Griffin shared the image again on Twitter. Jack Dorsey’s mega platform, as of now, refuses to punish the comedienne or insist she takes the inflammatory image down.

Last edited:
What’s interesting is that Bannon said what he said on his own show, not via a specific Twee t. Griffin’s ghastly image was shared roundly on social media then, and now.
Just what I’ve come to expect from Twitter.
That’s because this is political. Not principled.

Twitter should have been broken up (via anti-trusting) a long time ago.

Thanks for posting this gam197. The readers need to see this sort of thing.

Last edited:
What else can we expect from Twitter? This should come as no surprise.

Sounds like something Twitter would do. I’m not surprised. I recall reading recently too in a comparison article between what is allowed and what is not allowed was that Twitter was allowing antisemitic messages from Iran to be posted.

What’s interesting is that Bannon said what he said on his own show, not via a specific Twee t.
That misrepresents what occurred. People reading it may think he did not post his comments on twitter.

Where he originally made the statement is not in question or of consequence. To the question of “was this statement of his posted on his Twitter account?” the answer is “yes.”
This is the post that Steven Bannon made about Dr. Fauci and Chris Wray
I think this is a part that should also be shared for the sake of evaluating his words and the reaction.
Steve B:
I’d put the heads on pikes. Right. I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.
Twitter was allowing antisemitic messages from Iran to be posted.
Twitter says that they apply a different policy to world leaders. You will find that when a head of state violates a policy (including the USA president) that Twitter is more inclined to not remove the message. They also tend to do less moderation on non-English languages.
48.png
Twitter:

General guidelines and policies​

About public-interest exceptions on Twitter​

Defining the public interest​

Twitter generally actions Tweets that violate our rules. However, we recognize that sometimes it may be in the public interest to allow people to view Tweets that would otherwise be taken down. We consider content to be in the public interest if it directly contributes to understanding or discussion of a matter of public concern.

At present, we limit exceptions to one critical type of public-interest content—Tweets from elected and government officials—given the significant public interest in knowing and being able to discuss their actions and statements.

As a result, in rare instances, we may choose to leave up a Tweet from an elected or government official that would otherwise be taken down. Instead we will place it behind a notice providing context about the rule violation that allows people to click through to see the Tweet. Placing a Tweet behind this notice also limits the ability to engage with the Tweet through likes, Retweets, or sharing on Twitter, and makes sure the Tweet isn’t algorithmically recommended by Twitter. These actions are meant to limit the Tweet’s reach while maintaining the public’s ability to view and discuss it. Learn more about this notice and other enforcement actions.

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
What’s interesting is that Bannon said what he said on his own show, not via a specific Twee t.
That misrepresents what occurred. People reading it may think he did not post his comments on twitter.

Where he originally made the statement is not in question or of consequence. To the question of “was this statement of his posted on his Twitter account?” the answer is “yes.”
It was a live broadcast apparently of his own show.
The video was live on Bannon’s Facebook page for about 10 hours Thursday
Earlier Thursday evening YouTube removed the video for violating its policy against “inciting violence.”
Twitter said it “permanently suspended” the account, @WarRoomPandemic, for violating its policy against glorifying violence.

YouTube said it took down the video for breaking rules against inciting violence, and issued a strike against the account. Under the Google-owned video platform’s three-strikes policy, the offender cannot upload videos for at least a week after the violation.

Facebook, which Bannon used to livestream the podcast, said it removed two videos from his official page for breaking rules around inciting violence.
Bannon was also banned on Thursday from Mailchimp, an email newsletter platform that Bannon’s podcast used to reach supporters.

The move could further limit Bannon’s ability to promote his messages.

“We can confirm we’ve identified this account and closed it for violations of our Terms,” Mailchimp tweeted after social media users noticed the business relationship.
So was this video even played on Twitter? It appears it was not posted on Twitter because no one mentions pulling the video of Twitter.
Twitter says that they apply a different policy to world leaders. You will find that when a head of state violates a policy (including the USA president) that Twitter is more inclined to not remove the message. They also tend to do less moderation on non-English languages.
Steve Bannon is hardly a world leader, I doubt very few people would have even heard of him. He is more of a political commentator.

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
So was this video even played on Twitter?
Yes.
It appears it was not posted on Twitter because no one mentions pulling the video of Twitter.
His account is suspended. It would be redundant to specifically pull one video if all of his content is gone.
Where are you finding that it was actually played on Twitter and for how long?.(he is permanently banned) We are told the episode was on Facebook for 10 hours and less on Google’s owned Youtube site…

And why did Mailchimp get involved and close Bannon’s account?

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
Where are you finding that it was actually played
Twitter has made a direct statement on his post and suspension.
I know they have made a statement and permanently banned Steve Bannon’s" War room" show.

I can’t find any information that they actually played the banned video on Twitter.
I’d put the heads on pikes. Right. I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.
Your quote of Bannon is not correct and taken out of context. Steve Bannon actually said at the beginning of the statement this, his actual statement.
I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put the heads on pikes, right? I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
Your quote of Bannon is not correct
No, it is not. I posted the words of Banon.
You posted this, part of his statement.
That is not his full statement, there is more.
I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put the heads on pikes, right? I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.
It makes a difference. Bannon had stated he was speaking metaphorically.

Last edited:
You posted this
Steve B:
I did, and those are his words.
That is not his full statement
Of course not. His full statement is in a 2 hour recording.
Bannon had stated he was speaking metaphorically.
If you say so. 🤷‍♀️

48.png
gam197:
That is not his full statement
Of course not. His full statement is in a 2 hour recording.
No his full statement is one paragraph out of a 2 hour broadcast. and that is what he was banned for.

Bannon’s statement is
I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England . I’d put the heads on pikes, right? I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone.
Here is the rest of the brief conversation.
Maxey : Just yesterday there was the anniversary of the hanging of two Tories in Philadelphia. These were Quaker businessmen who had cohabitated, if you will, with the British while they were occupying Philadelphia. These people were hung. This is what we used to do to traitors.

Bannon : That’s how you won the revolution. No one wants to talk about it. The revolution wasn’t some sort of garden party, right? It was a civil war. It was a civil war.
Clearly, he is talking metaphorically.

Last edited:
If you say so. :woman_shrugging:t4:
Clearly, he is talking metaphorically.
Kind of reminds me of the phrase “The Proud Boys were just joking.”

But he’s off of Twitter. I think that will make it a better environment. I dont think a post termination analysis of the defunct account matters much.

I tried to find any independent information on what this Hollywood in Toto. website was. I could find nothing. Therefore, I do not think it is a news site. It looks like just some guy writing stuff off the top of his head.

48.png
gam197:
If you say so. :woman_shrugging:t4:
Bannon’s “statement/dialogue” is public knowledge.
I tried to find any independent information on what this Hollywood in Toto. website was. I could find nothing. Therefore, I do not think it is a news site. It looks like just some guy writing stuff off the top of his head.
There are so many articles with this same information, lot of sources.

Last edited:
48.png
gam197:
Bannon’s “statement/dialogue” is public knowledge.
Okay, His statements are public.
He is not allowed to be on a public social media site while she is even though both offenses are about the same level /grade.

Social media in order to maintain their 230 status are supposed to be fair and non-partisan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back