Twitter criticised after it removes viral video of awkward Biden comment

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. I heard there was a bit of an uproar over this.

The comments were part of a longer statement Biden made during a roundtable event with veterans in Tampa, Florida on September 15.

Biden was discussing the COVID-19 pandemic and the role minorities have played in providing essential services since the virus hit.

“I am, ironically, more optimistic about the prospects of dealing with the problems we talked about today, as well as so many other problems we have right now than I’ve ever been in my whole career,” Biden said.

"And they say, ‘Well, why in the hell would you say that Biden? You just talked about all these difficulties.’ Well, I’ll tell you why. Because the American public, the blinders have been taken off. They’ve all of a sudden seen a hell of a lot clearer.

“They’re saying, ‘Jeez, the reason I was able to stay sequestered in my home is because some Black woman was able to stack the grocery shelf. Or I got a young Hispanic out there, these DREAMers are out there, 60,000 of them acting as first responders and nurses and docs’,” he said.

“Or all of a sudden people are realizing, ‘My Lord, these people have done so much. Not just Black, white, across the board, have done so much for me. We can do this. We can get things done.’ And I think they’re ready.”

“And the irony of all ironies is that I think it’s the vehicle by which we’re going to be able to create really good paying jobs,” Biden went on. "We’re going to be able to provide for significant healthcare. The idea that in the middle of a pandemic, the worst thing since the great flu back in the turn of the century, where so many people died worldwide, is that people are figuring out that we’re all in this together.

“We can get through this if we just level with one another. Just tell the truth, let people know,” he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back