two JWs at my door today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter justinthemartyr
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
…If someone came here and dumped a big long list of questions critical of Catholics… I think it would fall under the same category. You shouldn’t be expected to devote all your time to answer a big long list of anti-Catholic questions from someone who wouldn’t really listen to the answers anyway…
Fair enough - we Catholics call that the shot-gun approach to attacking the faith. We get it all the time.

If you get these questions quite often, it might be a good idea to save your detailed answers or bookmark web pages with detailed
answers. I find that saves alot of time.

Anyway, I know I’ve got ya going with several emails - so I’ll leave this one alone. I’m sure we’ll come to each as time goes by.

Peace in Christ,

DustinsDad
 
Honestly, I think it’s best just to smile, thank them, say “we’re not interested,” and close the door. I hate being rude, but my home is not a public forum. If they need help, I’ll give it. If they just want to preach—I don’t want to hear it.
 
FYI…

JW’s have every house, in every town, in every state, in every country covered. They systematically knock on every door. If no on answers, they’ll come back 2 more times before turning in the territory card.

Each territory card is covered 1-4 times each year.

No house is missed. Everyone is getting the chance to hear the message:

Matt 24:14
I have lived in my house for over 15 years. I have never had the JW’s knock at my door:thumbsup:
 
I have lived in my house for over 15 years. I have never had the JW’s knock at my door:thumbsup:
Have you ever gone out of your house during those 15 years?

Likely you weren’t home when they called.

Trust me, JW’s have systematically divided up the entire planet into little territory cards and visit each and every house. They even fly into very remote areas to ensure coverage.
 
FYI…

JW’s have every house, in every town, in every state, in every country covered. They systematically knock on every door. If no on answers, they’ll come back 2 more times before turning in the territory card.

Each territory card is covered 1-4 times each year.

No house is missed. Everyone is getting the chance to hear the message:

Matt 24:14
I guarantee you that there are a large number of countries on the planet in which every house is not covered. Specifically, I’m thinking of several middle eastern countries and North Korea.
 
Have you ever gone out of your house during those 15 years?

Likely you weren’t home when they called.

Trust me, JW’s have systematically divided up the entire planet into little territory cards and visit each and every house. They even fly into very remote areas to ensure coverage.
Oh yeah:D
I guess i have lucked out…hopefully they will never darken my doorway:thumbsup:
 
Elizabeth,

If you are sincerely interested in the answers to any of those questions, please drop me a PM and I’d be glad to answer them for you. Please feel free to ask any of them one at a time.

If someone came here and dumped a big long list of questions critical of Catholics… I think it would fall under the same category. You shouldn’t be expected to devote all your time to answer a big long list of anti-Catholic questions from someone who wouldn’t really listen to the answers anyway.

The question is whether the person is sincere in his questions, or not. Calling me part of a cult was the first tip-off.
BibleSteve You do understand that JW is a cult, the ones that I spoke with a while back admitted that I was correct when I brought this to their attention. They seemed to be quite proud of it as well. If you don’t believe me then you should check Is the Jehovah’s Witness religion Christian? written by CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS AND RESEARCH** M**INISTRY and they explain the reason why JW is a cult.

At any rate I can’t understand for the life of me why JWs read the New Testament in the first place; when it is known that the Apostles were the founding Fathers of Catholicism, and the Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church which would make the bible a Catholic book. When ever I would speak to some JWs in the end they didn’t make any sense, they would start out solid but after the few questions it would go down hill. What’s sad is they really believed what they were preaching, so they were completely blind to their errors.

Oh well:shrug:
 
Elizabeth,

If you are sincerely interested in the answers to any of those questions, please drop me a PM and I’d be glad to answer them for you. Please feel free to ask any of them one at a time.

If someone came here and dumped a big long list of questions critical of Catholics… I think it would fall under the same category. You shouldn’t be expected to devote all your time to answer a big long list of anti-Catholic questions from someone who wouldn’t really listen to the answers anyway.

The question is whether the person is sincere in his questions, or not. Calling me part of a cult was the first tip-off.
A question that I have, Why are you not willing to answer any of these questions in the Open?

At least one or two of them

Is there something that concerns you? Like someone might come forward and correct you on the spot?

Here just answer two of them for everyone here.
  • In the sermon on the mount, when Jesus was addressing the “great crowd” (Lk 6:17), why did he tell them in Lk 6:22-23, “…your reward is great in heaven …”?
  • The Bible says that ONLY God is our savior (Hos 13:4, Isa 43:11,45:21, etc.). How can it be then, that the Bible repeatedly says that Jesus Christ is our savior (Lk 2:11, Phil 3:20, Tit 2:13, 3:6, 2Pet 1:1, 2:20, 3:18, etc.)?
    These two will due fine, these ones interest me a little more than the rest.
 
A question that I have, Why are you not willing to answer any of these questions in the Open? .
With 15 years of experience in answering questions on the Internet, I don’t have any concern doing things in the open.

What I have often observed is how various JW-critics dump a big list of jaded anti-JW questions in a public forum and ask for answers without any real interest. These questions are usually coupled with various insulting names like “cult” showing the true spirit and attitude of the person asking them.

You want to offer an apology for calling me part of a cult?
 
With 15 years of experience in answering questions on the Internet, I don’t have any concern doing things in the open.

What I have often observed is how various JW-critics dump a big list of jaded anti-JW questions in a public forum and ask for answers without any real interest. These questions are usually coupled with various insulting names like “cult” showing the true spirit and attitude of the person asking them.

You want to offer an apology for calling me part of a cult?
Just a quick question that bothers me a wee bit. How is it that Jehovah’s Witnesses enjoy the freedom to ring my doorbell that was won by the blood of the many who fought in wars yet refuse to fight in wars? Could you look a parent in the eye who lost their child in battle while standing on their front porch and answer that?
 
Just a quick question that bothers me a wee bit. How is it that Jehovah’s Witnesses enjoy the freedom to ring my doorbell that was won by the blood of the many who fought in wars yet refuse to fight in wars?
Which wars did Jesus and his Apostles fight in? Who did they kill? Who’s blood did they spill?

Did they preach?

Are we to imitate them?
 
Which wars did Jesus and his Apostles fight in? Who did they kill? Who’s blood did they spill?

Did they preach?

Are we to imitate them?
If someone breaks into your house and threatens a loved one, what would be your reaction? Let the intruder kill your kids or defend them? That is what war is on a grander scale.

You are pretty bold enjoying all of the freedoms of a country that you would say is a government ran by satan. You enjoy work benefits earned by unions that you cannot affiliate with and your kids can be free to go to schools and receive an education by those very people that you refer to as goats and driven by satan…Hmmmmmmm…teachccd :eek:
 
You want to offer an apology for calling me part of a cult?
I will not give an apology, the fact of the matter is JW is a cult. I did not mean hurt your feelings if that is what I did, but you need to understand that if you are JW you are a part of their Cult.

Is the Jehovah’s Witness religion Christian?
The answer to the question is, “No. It is not Christian.” Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah’s Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah’s Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.
Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:
  • Taking verses out of their immediate context.
  • Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.
  • Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.
  • Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.
  • Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.
  • Changing the meanings of words.
  • Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.
  • Adding to the Word of God.
    Additionally, the Jehovah’s Witness organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their “Bible Study” meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings. This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives. In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them. For confirmation of this, please read Does the Watchtower organization control the JW’s thinking?
The rest of it is located at carm.org/jw/cult.htm.
 
See…

Another insincere critic who just wants to dump a list of jaded questions before he dumps a bunch of links to JW disinformation.

And no, you haven’t hurt my feelings. I just wanted to expose you and your questions for what they were.

And you’ve now done it yourself.
 
If someone came here and dumped a big long list of questions critical of Catholics… I think it would fall under the same category. You shouldn’t be expected to devote all your time to answer a big long list of anti-Catholic questions from someone who wouldn’t really listen to the answers anyway.
If someone dumped a list critical of Catholics?! What?! Have you looked at this forum before? That’s what happens all day every day! Refuting them is what we do here. The fact that you want to answer questions by PM tells me something. It tells me you’re afraid of being revealed.
 
Another “insincere” critic, eh Steve?
So JWs can read HEARTS now?
They SAY that they can’t
but BEHAVE as if they can.
 
If someone breaks into your house and threatens a loved one, what would be your reaction? Let the intruder kill your kids or defend them? That is what war is on a grander scale.

You are pretty bold enjoying all of the freedoms of a country that you would say is a government ran by satan. You enjoy work benefits earned by unions that you cannot affiliate with and your kids can be free to go to schools and receive an education by those very people that you refer to as goats and driven by satan…Hmmmmmmm…teachccd :eek:
Teachccd,

I’m sorry we don’t agree on this.

As a Christian, I look to Jesus and the example of his life. I look to his Apostles. No where do I see them encouraging their followers to take up arms against other Christians in other countries. I don’t see any Bible examples of Jesus and his disciples marching into other lands to kill others. Do you?

It is sad that over 100 Million people have died in war in the 20th century. In many cases, there was Christian clergy on both sides of the war, telling the young recuits to kill those on the other side. Christian killing Christian.

Protecting your family against an intruder is not the same training for battle, taking up arms, and going to kill other Christians in a foreign lands who are also being told my their government and clergy to kill their US opponents.

JW’s have refused to kill others even under the penalty of death. German JW’s were tortured and executed for their refusal to kill US soldiers. US Jehovah’s Witnesses were also tortured and persecuted for refusing to kill.

100 Million people killed in war. Christian killing Christian.

Not one kill by one of JW’s.

We took execution and violent persecution before violating Christ’s example.

I’m sorry we disagree.
 
The fact that you want to answer questions by PM tells me something. It tells me you’re afraid of being revealed.
With 661 posts on my account, I think the facts speak otherwise.

It was obvious to me the person dumping the questions didn’t have any real interest. He just wanted to insult me, demand I spend my time dealing with his claims…

He was just acting as Paul refered to with “foolish questioning”

Steve
 
I also have to say something else.
I’ve been to the carm.org website.
While much of what they say about the Watchtower
is true enough, carm.org has flaws of it’s own,
and is not the most reliable place for Catholics to go
to learn about the Watchtower Society.

I recommend Jeffery Schehm’s website catholicxjw.com and,
also, watchtower.org, the official JW site because at least the last time I visited it, it had the booklet SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY? online.

Read that booklet at the JW official website, then get out your copy of the Early Church Fathers, whom the Society purports to quote from in support of their denial of the Full deity of Christ.
You will see that the Society slanders the early church fathers, even going so far as to falsely claim that Justin Martyr called the prehuman Jesus a “created angel.” This is bunk. Ante-Nicene Fathers volume 1 contains the complete texts of Justin Martyr’s writings (published by Eerdman’s), and Justin clearly, repeatedly, emphatically, and undeniably teaches that Jesus Christ is fully and equally God together with the Father and the Holy Spirit.
That, friends, is the quintessential doctrine of the Trinity even though Justin doesn’t use the WORD, “trinity.”
You can prove the Society a liar by using their own claims at their website, checking their claims against the writings of the early Christian Church Fathers. So definitely use watchtower.org as a resource. Just have the works they quote from handy.

Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top