Two questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter bradwill911
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bradwill911

Guest
Hello,

I have a couple of questions.
  1. When praying the Hail, Holy Queen, is it a “vale of tears” or is it a “valley of tears”? I’ve heard both and have seen both in print, which one is correct?
  2. When praying the Angelus, does one bow at “The Word was made flesh” or does one genuflect? I’ve seen Mother Angelica and the sisters bow, but I’ve been places where they genuflect.
Thank you and God bless!
 
Hello,

I have a couple of questions.
  1. When praying the Hail, Holy Queen, is it a “vale of tears” or is it a “valley of tears”? I’ve heard both and have seen both in print, which one is correct?
  2. When praying the Angelus, does one bow at “The Word was made flesh” or does one genuflect? I’ve seen Mother Angelica and the sisters bow, but I’ve been places where they genuflect.
Thank you and God bless!
Vale is pronounced just like “veyl” and the definition of vale is “valley” as well as “the world, or mortal or earthly life: this vale of tears”.

I believe the correct written word of the prayer is vale.
 
**
I believe the correct written word of the prayer is vale.**

Barring an official translation as given in the English version of the Liturgy of the Hours or similar source, since the words are synonymns, either would do in an unofficial translation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top